Believe the hype!
By 2011subiefan on
2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
If you are reading this, you are probably doing research. I have already put 1,000+ miles on my 2011 Outback and I can honestly say that it has been nothing but a pleasure. I used to own a 2000 Accord, but needed to upgrade for my growing family. We recently took it for a road trip from NYC to Lake George Village and the ride was firm and comfortable and the cargo space was sufficient. The only downside is the mp3 connection, which does not allow you to change songs. One other thing, I notice that the driver's side of the car rides lower than the passenger side. After analyzing the problem, I discovered it was all the cash in my pocket that I saved. Ha! Unbelieveable bargain!
Favorite Features
Quiet interior (from those gheto blasting low riders), comfortable leather seats, easy to navigate dashboard, class leading 2nd row space (cavernous for a toddler), deep and wide cargo area (lost a set of clubs somewhere inside), AWD (can't wait for winer), Harmon Kardon speakers (blasting podcasts/music/stereo), solid leather wrapped steering wheel, cargo nooks galore, roof rack (not yet used but will), handling/suspension (absorbs nasty NYC potholes with ease), power (can easily get up to speed), visibility (I see everything-even unmarked police cruisers!) and reliability (of course time will be the judge).
Suggested Improvements
Allow the steering wheel dials the ability to change songs from a connected mp3 player. Also, make space for a 17" wheel in the spare tire nook. Seriously, I looked at all the competition, drove tons of them over a one-year period, and am 100% happy with my purchase.