2011 Subaru Outback 3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Amazing family car

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

Amazing family car
By johnyoo on

2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Starting a new family, I had to give up my compact and this was the best choice for us. Great power, spacious interior (key for car seats), cargo room, AWD, and reasonable fuel economy. Primarily looked at a Murano which was more luxurious, but a bit smaller cargo-wise and you need to run it on premium so went with the Subaru. After about 3k miles I'm glad we did. It's extremely comfortable on the roads and was a lifesaver in the recent snowstorms. It doesn't handle as well as the cars I'm used to, but I didn't expect super crisp handling going into a larger vehicle. I wish some of the tech was more up to date, but it's good enough for our needs and should serve us well.

Favorite Features

VTD AWD, Boxer 6, reclining rear seatback, tonneau cover storage, ride height, rearview camera in the rearview mirror

Suggested Improvements

Head unit needs to be better, the HK system is ok, but could be improved, and a power liftgate would be a nice convenience. Can't think of anything else!