2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Am impressed with the 2.5i

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

Am impressed with the 2.5i
By dhs1204 on

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the Outback 2.5i after an accident in the snow (hit and run) that left my Prius on the side while I was going 5 mph. I was looking for an AWD wagon for under 30k that could fit my family of three and two mid size dogs. Requirements were simple: I had to be able to sit behind myself, and there needed to be enough headroom so that my head did not hit the roof. Wants were good radio, quiet highway ride, fuel economy and performance. The needs narrowed it down to a few cars, most of which had too high of a center of gravity. Only the outback and forester made the initial cut. I chose the outback limited because it felt like it was designed to be upscale. 2.5i to keep it under 30k

Favorite Features

Fit and finish are excellent. Interior feels luxury. I am not sure how it will hold up, though. Radio is the best oem I have had. I am happy with the fuel economy: 20 around town, and close to 30 on the highway. Highway noise is low. Seats are comfortable. Easy entry and exit.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a tighter suspension. I know I do not have a performance car, but It would be nice to have a better ride. I would like to have the option of the 2.5 turbo. The sun roof shrunk from the previous version.