2011 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews 6

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
First Subaru
By bstarr11 on 01/16/11 05:16 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our Subaru just one month ago. Still love to take it out on the road any chance we get. Can't believe how smooth the CVT trans is. The boxer engine is plenty strong enough for this auto. Responds nicely when the step on it even a little. I always opt for the more powerful 6 cylinder when it is available. Although, we stayed with the four on this one due to rising fuel costs. Glad we did as this crossover tops the list in fuel conservation. Our main reason for trading in our Toyota Rav4 was driver seat comfort. With Subaru not an issue the seats are great and taking it out for a few hours doesn't effect my back as others have. This is a sleek well built SUV, I am thoroughly enjoying

Lovin' Ruby Subie
By bmccarter on 01/15/11 06:44 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought Ruby January 3, 2011 after 3-month search. Considered Santa Fe, Sorento, Mazda CX-7, Rav-4, CR-V. Liked the lower profile vs. the taller SUV types, yet has good visibility and elevated driving position. Was worried 2.5 might not be peppy enough, but it's fine, especially for fiancee, who loves the car. I Like the CVT just fine, although I drove the 6-cyl too and really liked that engine. With gas heading back up it just made more sense to get the 2.5. Of all the cars I drove Ruby had the best balance. That is, she's comfortable, looks good, practical, has great storage, should be reliable, gets great gas mileage for a car in this class, has good technology and build quality.

Am impressed with the 2.5i
By dhs1204 on 01/15/11 04:14 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the Outback 2.5i after an accident in the snow (hit and run) that left my Prius on the side while I was going 5 mph. I was looking for an AWD wagon for under 30k that could fit my family of three and two mid size dogs. Requirements were simple: I had to be able to sit behind myself, and there needed to be enough headroom so that my head did not hit the roof. Wants were good radio, quiet highway ride, fuel economy and performance. The needs narrowed it down to a few cars, most of which had too high of a center of gravity. Only the outback and forester made the initial cut. I chose the outback limited because it felt like it was designed to be upscale. 2.5i to keep it under 30k

Outback in Beast Mode in the Snow
By subetraum on 01/13/11 15:48 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After two years of research on which cross-over vehicle to buy I am proud to say I chose the Subaru Outback. I have the limited 2.5 edition. For a guy with back problems I am very pleased w/ the comfort of the seats. I find the layout of the controls very easy to use and the bluetooth handless free phone system works great. I got to test the Subaru in this years' blizzard the day after Christmas and the Subaru dominated. Able to drive safely and comforably at 40-45 mph in blizzard conditions w/out slipping. Its my first subaru and it won't be my last.

Exceeded My Expectations
By winebike on 01/07/11 20:09 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven my OB 1200 miles. The build date was 10/10 and it came with Conti ProContact tires. In mixed city/highway driving, I've been averaging 22 mph. I previously drove a Lexus GS300. I am very happy with the ride, handling, and features of the OB. When I took my first test drive of an OB last summer, I didn't like it and took it off my list, but I kept coming back to it and liked it better after each test drive. After my fourth test drive, I was sold. After buying the OB and getting to know it even better, I can say that the OB has exceeded my expectations and is an awesome car for its class.

Engine problems (9,500 miles)
By elkrun on 01/06/11 11:25 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Engine started to chug or mis-fire during a recent winter trip across the northern states (2,000 miles round trip). The problem appears to be related to snow intake as the problem only surfaces when driving during a snow storm or in blowing snow. I've taken it to two dealers and they have not resolved. Problem is that the car "chugged" abruptly about 30 times during four separate snow events, so the "cause and effect" seems very obvious to me. Not gasoline related. Dealer ruled out transmission. Serious enough "chugging" to make the kids think we were about to break down. There is something going on with a sensor or the engine that has yet to manifest as a code, but it's coming.

2nd review after 3 months
By cardfan2 on 01/04/11 19:39 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It has been 3 months and almost 2000 miles since I purchased my new Subaru. The biggest road test occurred when my wife and I traveled to Louisville from Atlanta in rare Southeast snow. The Outback gave us both a great deal of confidence on the road. It handles excellent in snow and ice. My only complaint at this point is that the ride is bit less stable on sharper turns at higher speeds, but that is a small sacrifice. The gas mileage has ranged from 25 to 32 on the highway--usually depending on the use of cruise control and speed. I thought it would consistently be around 30 but have been a little disappointed. Love the audio and GPS system

Bummed
By mg82 on 12/11/10 12:12 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Im bummed about my first new car. My wife and I, recently married and just move cross country to the bay area. We bought a new subaru thinking that they were reliable. We've had the car for about 5 months now and on several occasions have experienced loss of power and the sent of burnt clutch when heading up hills. In august we recieved a notification from Subaru that there was a recall maintainance on the transmission. some holes were missing on the transmission coolant tube. We promptly had the repair taken care of. since that time we have experienced the same issue a few more times. I think the problem is that the car is too heavy for the base model's engine. -Bummed

great ride
By lazymedic42 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

owned '97, '05 outbacks. 2011 version much improved in interior space, comfort seating and ergonomics. 3.6 engine is needed for highway; gas mileage much better than listed. Can't throw the new car around like the older models, miss the weather band radio and engine block heater. Back-up video takes time to get used to but worth it;

Great Ride
By DMM on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee for a 3.6R Outback and now have 4,000 trouble free miles. Rides very smooth at highway speed and the seats are very comfortable. The outback performs much better than the Jeep and the gas mileage for a six cylinder is fantastic. Took it to the snow and it by far out performed the Jeep. I am very impressed and happy with my Outback.