Used 2011 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Excellent AWD vehicle for Outdoor trip!
By hongthan

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited with moonroof package to replace my 2000 Honda Civic 2Dr EX coupe. We are going to use the vehicle for our winter ski trip and short range family vacation. So far I have 1200 miles on it. It average around 25miles per gallon for daily driving. This is the one if you are looking for reliable, AWD, and value. The auto climate control for the limited is a little bit weak on Auto. I have to increase the fan speed by two notches.

Auto dim rearview mirror, backup camera and gas efficiency.

Automatic setting for climate control, additional auto dim mirror for the side mirrors.

Right sized
By marionman1973

2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are the proud new owners of a 2011 Outback Limited 3.6R. We got it three weeks ago because we were expecting. Baby boy was born last week. We came down to two choices: The Ford Explorer and the Outback. After several test drives in each my wife picked the one I was hoping for. The Explorer was a little to big and while the My Ford touch interface is cool all I could see was something that would break in a year. We live in a city so while you want a good size vehicle you have to be aware that it can be a problem when looking for a place to park and when you trying to get through traffic. It has significantly more room than the other crossovers. Very Happy so far.

Size, Size, Size. The all wheel drive is nice and the interior is very well done. Nice but not over the top. Good driving position and excellent power from the flat six.

Fuel economy is not the best in the world. Blue tooth mic could be a little better.

Happy with car
By flamanatee

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The OB matches the comfort level of my '04 Rainier. Love the gas milage especially on longer trips. Over all very pleased with this car. Chose Premium version because we live in FLA and do not need the all weather package that is standard on Limited.

gas mileage

Would like auto climate control option (single level would be adequate). In owners manual it suggests that doors be locked when in motion, why not provide auto door locks?

Pretty good, but could be better.
By kaitflower

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 07 Impreza Outback Sport for the new Outback late last year. I loved my sport and I miss it. I need a larger car to drive myself, husband and 2 60 lb dogs between Ohio and California a couple times a year. I have 22,000 miles on her already with no major mechanical problems. As many people say:STEERING WHEEL. The shake. It's horrible. The process is horrible. Took the car in one day and the insisted that they evaluate the tires. Bad tire was the verdict. Replace it and have to drive 4000 miles right away. Nope, still there. Take it back in and they decide to do the replacement steering wheel, etc. Still not fixed.

Heated seats, AWD, good for road trips. Great MPG! Durable body. Back-up Camera. Good pick-up on highway even in mountains. Easy to get in and out.

C'mon. Fix the steering vibration. Softer seats different location of cup holders. they're awkward to get to while driving. I pod jack in front as well as inside. Shifting is slow. Shift from Park to Drive... wait... ok go. Eliminate "helicopter" sounds with dog windows down.

Horrible Seat Comfort and Goofy Nav System
By cincy3

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I now own my first Subaru Outback for just a week and already want to get rid of it. One huge factor... the seat headrests are horrible. Have now, after purchasing the car, found several blogs citing the same problem. The headrests lean too far forward making my neck ache - and I cannnot find a comfortable position. I now need to find someone to fix it or i will be getting rid of it after just a week of ownership. Also - a minor complaint - the Nav system is goofy. Takes different disks for different parts of the country instead of one simple system like Garmin. So, living on the edge of their regions - I have to keep switching disks. goofy.

I had wanted to love this car but the problem with the seat head rests is overshadowing all of the good points.

Fix the horrible seat head rests and start using a normal Nav system. Other than that - the car is fine and a joy to drive.

• SUV