2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Awesome!
By AppyTreks on 07/20/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Test drove and researched lots of SUVs: Pilot, Santa Fe, Sonata, Rav4, Highlander, Xterra, and Equinox. Came back to the Outback because it had the whole package, reliability, AWD, fuel economy, ground clearance, quiet and smooth ride. I've had it a week now (300 miles) and have driven it up rough mountain roads, on the interstate and in town - I'm very pleased with my Outback. My main concern before buying it was the 4 cylinder engine, but I've got plenty of power AND I'm getting 28 mpg. Got the limited package with sunroof option (no nav) - love the auto air, XM radio, Bluetooth and the overall layout and look of the dashboard (esp. at night). Looks great with the black leather interior.

Yep!
By Bill M on 07/17/10 13:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

So far, so good. Car feels solid, ride is smooth and quiet. Fast? nope, but not underpowered as some will say, and hey, it's a wagon after all. The car will get you there quick enough. Instrument panel and dash are clean and efficient without being overly spartan. Significantly more leg room than the '00 OB I traded in (yes, loyal). HK sound system probably won't impress die-hard audiophiles, but Stevie Ray Vaughan sounds perfectly crisp to me! Summertime now, but I expect the AWD to treat me the same way it did in my '00 when the snow flies and that is the real reason why I buy these cars in the first place. Good car, go ahead.

Subie magic
By Daniel on 07/15/10 15:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car. It's a wagon. It's a SUV. It's a car. It's a Jeep. Its a Lexus in sheep's attire runs great handles great quiet smooth plenty of stuff to play with.

Love it
By VERY HAPPY on 07/10/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had an awful experience with the Hyundai elantra touring which we purchased new, didn't even have it a year, another story, another time. Went back out on the market for a car, it had to have space as my wife drives it for her cleaning business. Looked @ mazda5, Honda CR-V and then started looking @ the Forester. We had decided to buy the Forester on a Saturday, but wanted to think it over until Monday. Went back Sunday to look @ the forester on Sunday when know one was around and that's when we noticed the 2011 outback. So, we had to come back Monday and drive it, then drive the forester. We decided on the outback. We love it. Great smooth ride, quiet inside. My wife loves it.

Longtime Outback Owner
By BBurgDave on 07/10/10 08:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased this Outback to replace our 2000 Outback (75K miles) which we really liked and are giving to our son who is off to college. Prior to that, we owned two Legacy wagons, so we are a Subaru family. Compared to the 2000 Outback, this one is a bit less "sleek" and stylish (this one looks a bit more like an SUV and less like a wagon)and the rear cargo space is 3 inches shorter from the back of the rear seats to the tailgate. The space for passengers, on the other hand, seems better over all. The gas mileage seems about the same, the ride is a bit smoother, but the handling is a bit less "nimble". So far, we like it!

First impressions-great
By George Alexanian on 07/09/10 22:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Read 195 reviews for 2020 model before baying. Just got 2011 3.6R limited a few days ago. During test drive on freeway, had to slam on brakes. Stopped great, no swerving. Did not notice problem with passenger seat, or difficulty of closing hatchback as others reported in '10 model. V6 engine only way to go. No special financing or rebates-too new. Will write more after winter and drive in snow.

2011 Outback Limited 2.5i
By Phil on 07/07/10 16:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded a Cadillac CTS and the Outback drives and feels better on the road than the Cadillac. I love the CVT as there is no shift at all.

Traded in 2007 Outback XT Limited
By Chassol on 07/07/10 10:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Going from the 2007 2.5 turbo to the 2011 3.6R was a great deal. The turbo was fun and got good mileage (avg 22 mpg). Nice to go from Super unleaded to regular, saves $.30 a gallon. At just over 800 miles avg mpg for the 3.6R is just over 23. Great for regular gas. Don't be fooled the 3.6R (256 hp) has guts equal to the turbo (243 hp). Also no timing belt in the 3.6R to replace at 105,000, as it is chain driven cam. Subaru has done amazing changes in 4 years time with everything - styling, trim, materials - everything. We plan on keeping this Subaru for probably, at least 6-7 years. Look at Subaru they are fantastic vehicles.

Our 3rd Subaru
By Wheels8716 on 06/29/10 14:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 3rd Subaru. We've owned a 04 WRX and a 06 STI. The wife was looking for a SUV in the 25k range and happened across the Outback. I didn't put up a fight. Test drove the only one on the lot, and fell in love.

Converted!
By limey on 06/29/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After driving another well known make for car for over 10 years, it is my first experience with a Subaru. What a fun vehicle- responsive, super comfortable, good gas mileage for its size and AWD, nifty handling, great turning radius, lots of usable space for passengers and cargo, superior visibility, superb sound system. I think I'm going to love my 2011 Outback!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Outback in VA is:

$100 per month*