2011 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
The New Outback is Fantastic
By rlj-Seattle on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Subaru and we could not be happier. This is the perfect trip car. The highway ride is smooth, quiet and the interior is very spacious. We tried both the 2.5 and 3.6R and went with the bigger engine that is more powerful and refined. It still gets great gas mileage for a vehicle this size. The Hardon Kardon stereo is definitely worth the money for both the sound and bluetooth phone. I drive an Audi A4 quattro so I was very happy to get this excellent all- wheel vehicle for my wife. She hasn't driven in the snow yet so she is in for a treat! She loves her new car.

Still fun to drive
By Great Car! on 08/08/10 12:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was worried when I read on Edmunds that the "increase in size removed much of the responsive and fun-to- drive nature". Do not believe it. We've owned ten Subarus, including a 2008 Tribeca. This 2011 Outback 3.6 is far more similar to our 2006 Outback than it is the Tribeca when it comes to handling and responsiveness. I don't know where the Edmunds editors got the idea the 2011 Outback was going to feel like the Tribeca, it is not. But as for interior room, it is so close to the Tribeca it is silly. The 2011 is the best Subaru we have owned out of ten, bar none. Already getting 25 mpg on the highway with only 1500 miles on it. Best we ever got with the Tribeca was 24 at 30,000 miles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Outback Wagon in VA is:

$101 per month*