2011 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
This car is unsafe and has quality issues
By millieone on 03/29/14 09:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a year old outback with 17,000 miles in excellent condition. Shortly after while driving with my wife in the passenger's seat the air bag off indicator light was on. It's sometimes on and some times off. My wife weights about 120lbs well above 102lbs limit. The car also has rust forming under the lip of the rear hatch door. Subaru refuses to cover the rust repair and says the air works as designed. This is a serious safety issue. They said they fixed it in the 2012 model. There solution was to sell me a new car. Wow this company sucks! We bought this car for its reported safety, what a joke. My wife and daughter are nervous when sitting in the front seat

First Time Subaru OB Owner - Happy Driver
By bmwshin on 07/03/13 22:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've driven my 2011 Subaru Outback about 1000 miles so far. Bought it used with 37K miles. I was at first hesitant to jump in for this crossover, but decided to give it a shot. I'd say that CVT transmission and some Subaru quirks are something that I needed to get used to, but once I was acclimated, driving any other car is not fun any more. I love the spaciousness of the interior, and the performance of the AWD and boxer engine. You get respectable gas mileage at around 25 miles combined. Everything the Edmonds / CR experts talk about is spot-on, but nothing that you'd want to worry about. I love driving this thing around my town and can't wait for next road trip!

A great overall car
By subarudavis on 07/25/12 00:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I remember reading that the Subaru Outback is good at everything but great at nothing before I bought one a year ago. This is very accurate except in terms of reliability and mud handling. Being from northern California I do not experience snow but I can attest to its mud ability, which is excellent (be sure to turn traction control off). I have pulled Sea Doo boats and Yamaha Jet Skis with ease, surprising for a 4 cylinder, but it was competent as long as the load wasn't over 2500lbs. Ride and comfort could not be better (it beats my 2000 BMW 328i by a long shot). I could not wish for a better car, only thing are a few rattles and squeaks which I hate and its exterior looks suck.

BEST MILEAGE SUV awd
By jasperdog on 11/13/11 09:51 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Fabulous Mileage for a 3400lb SUV...better than my CRV by 20%!! Just put on my first 8,000 km (90%hwy/10% City) or 5000 miles by driving to calgary,salt lake, sedona,LA,etc and back to Vancouver,BC. I used AVERAGE 7.0 l/100km...that's 34 us mpg or 41 canadian mpg for 5000miles. At one point when I kept speed downto 60mph I averaged 39usMPG or 47 cdn MPG for 200 miles. Car is very comfortable with best leg room ever( 6,3inches...my crv sucks in comparison) for long drives. Fantastic Car!!!Suggest you rename car as SUPARU

Very Pleased
By rjnolfe on 10/06/11 15:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Moving from a Chevy HHR to the larger, heavier, AWD Subaru I thought we would get a little worse gas mileage, but NO, it gets better mileage. We typically see 30mpg in or rural area of Upstate NY. Very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. We feel very confident that we can travel just about anywhere in any weather without fear of getting stuck.

Excellent AWD vehicle for Outdoor trip!
By hongthan on 09/30/11 19:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited with moonroof package to replace my 2000 Honda Civic 2Dr EX coupe. We are going to use the vehicle for our winter ski trip and short range family vacation. So far I have 1200 miles on it. It average around 25miles per gallon for daily driving. This is the one if you are looking for reliable, AWD, and value. The auto climate control for the limited is a little bit weak on Auto. I have to increase the fan speed by two notches.

Horrible Seat Comfort and Goofy Nav System
By cincy3 on 08/15/11 16:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I now own my first Subaru Outback for just a week and already want to get rid of it. One huge factor... the seat headrests are horrible. Have now, after purchasing the car, found several blogs citing the same problem. The headrests lean too far forward making my neck ache - and I cannnot find a comfortable position. I now need to find someone to fix it or i will be getting rid of it after just a week of ownership. Also - a minor complaint - the Nav system is goofy. Takes different disks for different parts of the country instead of one simple system like Garmin. So, living on the edge of their regions - I have to keep switching disks. goofy.

My First Suabru but can't say last
By suntg on 07/25/11 15:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Though I found following features are missing, still love it. 1. Speedometer is so small and not easy to read as compare to other cars. I have no clue why there is a fuel economy meter; when there is an option to see fuel average next to digital clock. 2. AC options are limited and not completely described in the manual. Manual doesnÂ’t say how to change the Auto mode to manual mode. I accidently discovered that. 3.There is no Service Reminder available and you need to remember the service dates/miles etc. 4.Seats are comfortable but not long enough to give you thigh support. 5.No auto lock feature. 6.GPS is a jock not enough features.

Subaru Outback AWD Best Vehicle Ever
By mike07734 on 07/23/11 01:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Vehicle in June 2010. It's the 2011 Limited AWD 2.5 4Cylinder engine. Subaru Dealer has been the most attentive, most friendly, best ever Dealership I have ever delt with in my entire life of owning cars. Acceleration / power is great, car rides very smooth, very solid car, very quiet, comfortable, it's tons of fun to drive especially in snow puts many other cars and 4x4's to shame plus I can average 31mpg due to the way the engine is so perfectly mated to that CVT. This is an exceptional vehicle inside and out, built quality remarkable, value is outstanding. Service from dealer on scale of 1-10 is an ELEVEN !! Outback is an extremely good vehicle.

CVT REVERSE POWER PROBLEMS!!!!! BEWARE!!!!
By mpp1234 on 07/15/11 12:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2011 Subaru Outback in June, the car seems to be fine except that I bought the car for highway and off road driving. Unfortunatley I found out that the NEW SUBARU IS NOT CAPABLE OF BACKING OVER A 5" CURB FROM A STOP!!! THE CVT DOES NOT PROVIDE REVERSING POWER TO GET OVER CURB. A supervisor at Subaru America has stated that the car is not expected to be able to clear objects 5" tall in reverse without having momentum to car the car over the object. If you shift into reverse and try to back over a curb the pedal will go to the floor and the car will go NOWHERE without starting momentum. The car has severly limited torque in reverse and cannot be trusted!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Outback Wagon in NJ is:

$227 per month*