Used 2011 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Great car Great value
By GREG MONTAGUE

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love my outback!
By Michael

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my outback! It's such a comfortable car, and incredibly quiet driving down the freeway. Gets good gas mileage (about 27 mpg) on an 18 gal tank. I fill up around every 480 to 500 miles. Handles very well and has plenty of storage space, especially with the rear seats down. Great head and leg room. I am 6'5" and fit very comfortably in both front and back seats. Can't say enough about how much I love it! Variable transmission takes some getting used to because it is so quiet, you dn hear it revving, so you don't realize how fast you're going.

Love my 2011 Outback Limitied
By Seattle

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Thinking of trying the Legacy but don't want to give up the capabilities of Outback....I hauled a 42" table, 3 leaves, 4 chairs, 4 legs (they were unattached) and an antique rocker. I was amazed it all fit in but it did.

New to 95,000+, We LOVE this car
By W. Robert

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our 2011 Limited in 2010 to replace a lemon Honda Accord. This is our 1st Subaru, the whole family loves this car. I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 280+ my wife is 5'1 and a light weight (she'd kill me I posted a weight) . Bottom line is it fits BOTH of us, and we both find it extremely comfortable, including for long all day drives with limited rest breaks.

More comfortable than a 2014 Mercedes E350 for 400 mile road trip (new rental) and left me wishing I had drove my Outback Limited instead.

We have done normal servicing, bought 1 set of new tires at 50,000 which by the way inproved ride and handling over the factory tires. Passenger seat had a squeak, dealer fixed no charge as it should have been. Headlight bulbs have both needed replacement (seriously difficult task, go to YouTube for examples if you want to do it yourself). This is not a sporty performance machine, but it a roomy outstanding outdoorsy family car, that has turned out to be better than we expected. It drives more like a older American full size sedan, but has better road feel, and navy less acceleration ability, but it is more than adequate with outstanding full economy for the size of car it is. We averaged 27 mph mixed driving, after a move were we did much less freeway driving overall mpg fell to about 24. We are now thinking of a second Subaru.

This car has been very reliable, required little maintenance, and is extremely comfortable for a an active family including vacations, camping, Home Depot runs, multi state trips, and all the running around a family does. Absolutely love it!!

Great Reliable Car!
By Todd

2011 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Most practical, reliable car I've ever owned! I've put 165,000 miles on my 2011 Outback so far and have had 0 issues. I drive it off road and in deep snow a lot and the AWD and ground clearance are fantastic! Seat ride height and comfort good for a tall person (i'm 6'2"). MPG great for a car this size as well. Acceleration isn't great, but more than adequate for any situation I've run into. My only complaints are the compass on the rear view mirror doesn't always work, and the light colored cloth seats stain easily (recovered them with leather). Cant beat the reliability, practicality, and resale value of a Subaru!! I would definitely buy another Subaru.