Used 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2011 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Dependability in a tight package.
By Dan Manecke

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

6 cylinder would be better, lot of car here for a 4 cylinder.
Overall very pleased with this vehicle after 5 years of ownership.

Great car Great value
By GREG MONTAGUE

New to 95,000+, We LOVE this car
By W. Robert

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our 2011 Limited in 2010 to replace a lemon Honda Accord. This is our 1st Subaru, the whole family loves this car. I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 280+ my wife is 5'1 and a light weight (she'd kill me I posted a weight) . Bottom line is it fits BOTH of us, and we both find it extremely comfortable, including for long all day drives with limited rest breaks.

More comfortable than a 2014 Mercedes E350 for 400 mile road trip (new rental) and left me wishing I had drove my Outback Limited instead.

We have done normal servicing, bought 1 set of new tires at 50,000 which by the way inproved ride and handling over the factory tires. Passenger seat had a squeak, dealer fixed no charge as it should have been. Headlight bulbs have both needed replacement (seriously difficult task, go to YouTube for examples if you want to do it yourself). This is not a sporty performance machine, but it a roomy outstanding outdoorsy family car, that has turned out to be better than we expected. It drives more like a older American full size sedan, but has better road feel, and navy less acceleration ability, but it is more than adequate with outstanding full economy for the size of car it is. We averaged 27 mph mixed driving, after a move were we did much less freeway driving overall mpg fell to about 24. We are now thinking of a second Subaru.

This car has been very reliable, required little maintenance, and is extremely comfortable for a an active family including vacations, camping, Home Depot runs, multi state trips, and all the running around a family does. Absolutely love it!!

I waited 60k miles before I wrote this review
By gartho

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought it new...its had 2 recalls on it since new I believe. I replaced the front rotor and pads at 57k only because the rotors warped. The car is great...the factory tires stink...I swapped to Hankook and like them.
I cant say anything bad about our subie...well yes the handling sucked when it was new and I put the rear sway bar on and now its great!. Soft ride...ok fuel numbers...

I will not sell it as long as this keeps up. It can climb a Mtn in the snow...hard to believe...

the AWD in the snow...this is my 5th Subie...and the 8.7" of ground clearance.

better Fuel numbers...which they have done! WE NEED A DIESEL.

This car is unsafe and has quality issues
By millieone

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a year old outback with 17,000 miles in excellent condition. Shortly after while driving with my wife in the passenger's seat the air bag off indicator light was on. It's sometimes on and some times off. My
wife weights about 120lbs well above 102lbs limit. The car also has rust forming under the lip of the rear hatch door. Subaru refuses to cover the rust repair and says the air works as designed. This is a serious safety issue. They said they fixed it in the 2012 model. There solution was to sell me a new car. Wow this company sucks! We bought this car for its reported safety, what a joke. My wife and daughter are nervous when sitting in the front seat

Gas mileage

Subaru does not stand behind their products. Warranty coverage is a myth. Research NTSB website for complaints before buying.