2011 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
need new engine
By dummy1234 on 02/15/11 16:41 PM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

the outback suffers from a fair 4 cylinder engine. it takes 75 horse power for the all wheel drive system. which leaves only leaves 95 hp. thats why it is a poor performer. and the cvt transmission makes the engine drone. previous 2009 didn't drone. time to replace boxer engine?? also headlights don't shine far enough to front - mostly to sides ???

Very Satisfied!
By JTC - Akron, OH. on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm a manufactures rep. by occupation and drive 40,000 miles/yr. My last two vehicles have been Honda Odyssey Vans, which I can say nothing negative about. Since I spend a great deal of time in a car it was just time for a change. This is my first Subaru and after two months/8,000 miles, I feel very satisfied with my decision. I must say, I read many of these personal reviews on this site and they helped make my decision. Since fuel economy is a key feature for me, I was a little concerned about the 4 cyl engine and if there would be enough power (no problem). I hope in the future to update my review and give potential Subaru buyers an honest assessment. So far, I'm a truly happy Subaru owner

Red Ruby Pearl
By PSUfan on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Needed to downsize from a Nissan Pathfinder. The Outback was the best choice for great gas mileage, ample storage space, luminous rear leg room for the kids, large rear trunk space for dogs, and almost the same ground clearance (0.2" difference) as the Pathfinder, (Outer Banks beach driving). Very happy with our decision, and looked a multiple vehicles (Toyota, Honda, Ford, Hyundai).

Flawed steering system 2010-11 models
By pc on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bottom line is the car has a flawed steering system and it effects 30-60+ percent of the cars. I got one of the affected cars and have been fighting with SOA over it. They know the cars are bad and they are selling them to unsuspecting buyers. You sign a contract and your stuck. Run away from these 2 year models of this car! Read the horror stories on the site I mentioned above.

Yep!
By Bill M on 07/17/10 13:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

So far, so good. Car feels solid, ride is smooth and quiet. Fast? nope, but not underpowered as some will say, and hey, it's a wagon after all. The car will get you there quick enough. Instrument panel and dash are clean and efficient without being overly spartan. Significantly more leg room than the '00 OB I traded in (yes, loyal). HK sound system probably won't impress die-hard audiophiles, but Stevie Ray Vaughan sounds perfectly crisp to me! Summertime now, but I expect the AWD to treat me the same way it did in my '00 when the snow flies and that is the real reason why I buy these cars in the first place. Good car, go ahead.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Subaru Outback in VA is:

$93 per month*