2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: There's a LOT of room for impr

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

There's a LOT of room for improvement!
By westtxlady on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If I had written this review after three months of ownership I would have given it a solid 5 stars, but here's the thing - after you drive it for a while, you start to notice a lot of "little" things that turn out to be pretty darn big. The car stalls at low speeds, especially on inclines, but often on flat surfaces. This is annoying when climbing in a mountainous area or in stop-and-go rush hour traffic - dangerous because when you tell your car to GO! you expect it to go! Took the car to the dealership, described the issue and after a test drive they said that they didn't feel or find the problem that I was talking about. The AC doesn't stay cold and is inadequate for West Texas heat.

Gas mileage is INSANE! I average 24 in town and 32 on the HWY. I love the cargo area and the rubber mat on the floor is one of those little details that I love.

Stalling issue is dangerous. AC is bad enough that I want to trade the car in. While the dealership was test driving my car to check the stalling issue they were rear-ended. It took FIVE months to get the minor damage repaired to my satisfaction - The car was two months old when it happened and the dealer acted like I was being unreasonable for wanting a new bumper! Needless to say, customer service is lacking. I feel like the 2010 is resting on the laurels of older OB models and doesn't deserve the hype it has gotten. Also, the interior and exterior finishes scratch VERY easily and the seats are uncomfortable. Buy a different car. :(