Still Happy after a Year
By billradio on
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
It has been about a year of ownership of my Outback. This is the family's 3rd Subaru and my 2nd Outback. It may be too nice a car for me. Subaru owners use their car for hard work, rough terrain and bad weather. The 2010 model change made the car nicely refined and still able to perform those utilitarian functions. The upgraded audio/Bluetooth option was a good investment. I love the CVT transmission: in the mountains it adjusts as necessary instead of the constant shifting up & down on convential trannies. The 4-cylinder is more than adequate to climb on the interstate hills at full speed. The larger interior is great. The gas mileage is much better than expected.
Favorite Features
The larger gas tank adds to the long range of this vehicle. I didn't think the shift paddles were a good idea but found they are a MUCH better way to downshift when going downhill. The downsides of this car are typical of the class. The steering is a bit loose. It's noisy at higher engine speeds, but quieter than the CRV I also considered. The vent fan is noisy at the 2nd speed position but I normally don't need it higher than the first. I was disappointed the 2010 didn't have breakaway side mirrors, but I can now buy one which makes this less of a concern. The roof rack is accepatable but our ski bindings barely fit between the fore & aft cross bars. The bike rack fit fine.
Suggested Improvements
Thumbs up on this Outback.