2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Sports sedan of an SUV

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Sports sedan of an SUV
By sheepdog on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a family car/suv that drove like a sports car. This is the car chose. Fits the bill pretty well. I did research at Subaru outback.org and found a lot of them add a Subaru 19 mm rear sway bar kit ($72 online) that makes the car corner much flatter but still ride well. This 10 minute easy install job provided my family sports car. Best $72 upgrade ever. Dealership had no problem with the switch for warranty. Drives with a German feel now. Watch your speed, the car likes to be driven over 60 mph everywhere!

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, good steering feel, quiet, does not lean much in turns, good ride, roomy, H6 engine feels like a V8, good gas mileage, I average 24 mpg, HK stereo, roof rack design, ground clearance, Subaru reliability & resale value.

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat memory, LED tail lights & turn signals, HID headlights, larger sunroof, make the 19 mm rear sway bar a factory standard instead of the thin 15 mm.