2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Mixed Feelings

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Mixed Feelings
By Fatty on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The concept of the car is perfect. Excellent fuel economy, lots of cargo and passenger room and an available manual transmission (a rarity nowadays). The execution is less than perfect. A new rattle or two every day, wallowing handling (although the smooth ride is a decent consolation) and serious quality and safety defects. If you own a manual transmission equipped Outback (or will own in the future), make sure you get the TSB performed to fix the stalling issue (a major safety concern).

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, utility and manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

Please ditch the absolutely laughable stock radio. Fix the nagging quality issues! Consult with any of the number of manufacturers who understand suspension tuning. You shouldn't have to choose between a decent ride or your car not handling like a whale.
By westtxlady
on 05/28/11 14:00 PM (PDT)

My 2010 Outback also has stalling issues - I've taken it to the dealership, they test drove it and said that they couldn't feel/find a problem. During their test drove my vehicle was rear ended which ended up taking a whopping FIVE months to get properly fixed. I am at a loss. The stalling is a major problem when on a steep incline in mountainous areas or even when at a red light in town or during stop-and-go rush hour traffic in a larger city. Any suggestions on how to get my dealer to properly fix the issue? Between this and the sub-standard (at best) air conditioning we are ready to trade the car in but can't b/c we've had it for less than a year!