2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - LOVE it.

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

LOVE it.
By Wendy on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was in love with this new body style since it was released in 2009, finally bought it at the end of June 2010. Traded in a 2004 Honda CR-V LX, which was a great car but the Outback was a huge upgrade for me. I did a lot of research since they first came out but never drove it until the day I purchased. Some people say it takes some getting used to for the CVT but I came from a 5 speed manual and didn't really notice a difference except for the lacking of the changing gears motion in a automatic car. My husband has a 2004 Forester and the new Outback is way bigger. Speeds up nicely and can pass cars with the best of them. I have no issues merging on to highways.

Favorite Features

Have the moonroof, premium audio, and all weather package. All are awesome. Great gas mileage, avg 28-29 between hwy and city. Interior is sleek and comfortable. Lots of storage room and tons of room for rear passengers. Love the bluetooth. Very smooth ride. LOVE IT.

Suggested Improvements

Barely ever use the paddle shifters, maybe I'll use them for stopping with snow on the ground. Has a mpg gauge that is really dumb. One thing I found strange is when I'm driving slow, then slow down more from braking it seems that it jumps gears. Going to have them check it out, maybe its just me