2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Great vehicle, finally grown u

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Premium Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Great vehicle, finally grown up
By downeast3 on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Seems every time Subaru revamps a car there is quit a lot of controversy. I formerly drove a 1997 OB with 5 speed. I loved it but had to give it up due to poor ergonomincs. I'm 6'3" and used to get a lot of right hip pain when I drove for more than 2-3 hrs. I had a lot of 16 hr plus cross country trips in that car and it used to just wear me out. I had to swear off Subaru untill the 2010 came out. Love the fit and feel. Very comortable, more economical with the 6 speed. Not a dog but not as sporty either. For real travelling, there is no substitute for comfort! Nice to be able to get to Sugarloaf after the 2 1/2 hr drive feeling fresh and ready to ski! Very relieable so far!

Very comfortable on long hauls. Great foul weather driving, Great headlights. Soaks up poor surfaces well (Maine). Carries family of 4 with plenty of room. Improved milage compared to prior model owned.

Rack system while clever is a bit limitting especialy if you already have a rack system. Most of my kayak mounts work, none of the old Thule bike systems work. Would be better to have a fixed rail system for aftermarket racks.