2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Great car!

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Great car!
By Ryan on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

So, I have had this Subie for a while now. I think its a great car! The 4 inch raise is welcome(you still dont have to worry about rolling like you do with SUVs). Now this car is no speed demon (don't mistake this for a WRX!), but it has plenty of get up and go. I went up a 16% incline with very sharp turns and had fun doing it going 40 (In manual mode of coarse :) ). This thing is going to stay on the road. One thing that surprised me, was the very nice sized gas tank(18.5 gallons). I fill up 1/2 as much now! If you live in a hilly area, be careful, I live in Oregon, So it's very hilly and the hills can eat gas up quick! I guess that will be for ANY car though!

CVT! I commute an hour every day to work. I used to go 70-75 to work just to get there. I leave 10 mins earlier, relax enjoy my ride going 65 and get 38 mpg (avg highway). I usually get 600-700 miles per tank (depending on my driving).

IPOD hook up for the love of god! I didn't realize the AUX would have so much buzzing to it(I am going to try a higher quality AUX cord though.)!