2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Good Value

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Good Value
By hokie_dad on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Our Outback is now 2 years old and has been a great vehicle. It's big enough for trips around town, yet fits in the garage. It has more than enough leg room in the rear seat and still have plenty of cargo room. The CVT transmission takes a little getting used to, but overall has been great. It'll take a second to build revs when you hit the gas, but a normal transmission would take a second to downshift too, so it's about the same. Child seat is easy to install and remove. Our Outback has been averaging 28 mpg with mostly intown driving. On a recent trip, the highway MPG was averaging 34. I've seen a lot of complaints about steering issues. I haven't experienced any, ours does fine.

Fuel mileage is in the lower 30's consistently, CVT transmission means smooth driving, interior size is plenty with room to spare, roof rack bars swing to the side for less wind noise, and the exterior stying. Overall, this Outback is much quieter than my previous 1999 Outback Sport I drove for 9 years. I hope this one is as reliable.

2010 should have come with folding mirrors. We've since replaced ours with 2011 mirrors. Black carpet shows dirt very easily. Rear hatch sometimes takes 2 or 3 closes before it'll latch.