2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Disappointed after first year

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5i Premium Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Disappointed after first year
By klf on

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd review, first being after i owned the car for just one month. a much happier time. Within the past 3 months i have returned to the dealer for 3, that's right, 3 recalls as well as my coolant leaking causing my engine to smoke. I was told at the dealership that i have no leaks, simply an air pocket had burst, causing all the coolant to dry up and need re-filling. What?! Well last night i placed cardboard under the vehicle and guess what i woke up to this morning? Wet cardboard! I went from a Jeep G.Cherokee to my Outback, but will be going back to Jeep as soon as my lease is up! Rather pay a tad more at the pump and drive a reliable vehicle. Going back to a G.Cherokee.

Favorite Features

Simply the looks of the car, both inside and out are very sleek, yet rugged. The features in the Premium level are quite basic, but i did add leather.

Suggested Improvements

automatic locks and rear passenger a/c- heating vents should be standard on a vehicle close to 30k, both of these were on my Jeep Cherokee