Used 2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

No more SUVs
By jasonindenver

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a 2002 Pathfinder with the main goal of getting a more fuel efficient vehicle. I worried about moving down to a 4 cylinder, but the CVT helps offset any horsepower loss - even carrying a family of four up to the mountains. I average 28 mpg with about 40% highway driving. This vehicle has a surprising amount of interior space seeming only slightly smaller than my wife's 4-runner. For long trips, we usually add a Yakima Skybox Pro 16S (important as it is one of the only boxes that will fit this car) and a hitch mount bike rack. Loaded down we still average 23-25 mpg driving in the Colorado mountains.

Love it - but recalls adding up
By redsoxfan

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my first Subaru after a long search. Chose it over a CR-V, primarily for handling - the Subaru is very solid. I love the AWD - it saved my life this winter during a very difficult snowstorm. In my previous car (a Toyota Camry) I would have been off the road. I love the spaciousness of the interior - a big factor in my purchase decision. The rear seats fold down in a second, and leave lots of flat room, unlike the CR-V. The gas mileage has been fantastic - at worst 28, at best 32 mpg. The recalls are a big issue - my dealership is an hour away - that adds up to many added miles on my new, not-exactly inexpensive car! Wait for the 2011 - let them fix the recall issues.

Solid handling. AWD. Great Gas mileage. Sunglass holder.

Less silver in the interior. More support in the driver seat. Better rear vision. Fix the recalls!

LOVE it.
By Wendy

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in love with this new body style since it was released in 2009, finally bought it at the end of June 2010. Traded in a 2004 Honda CR-V LX, which was a great car but the Outback was a huge upgrade for me. I did a lot of research since they first came out but never drove it until the day I purchased. Some people say it takes some getting used to for the CVT but I came from a 5 speed manual and didn't really notice a difference except for the lacking of the changing gears motion in a automatic car. My husband has a 2004 Forester and the new Outback is way bigger. Speeds up nicely and can pass cars with the best of them. I have no issues merging on to highways.

Have the moonroof, premium audio, and all weather package. All are awesome. Great gas mileage, avg 28-29 between hwy and city. Interior is sleek and comfortable. Lots of storage room and tons of room for rear passengers. Love the bluetooth. Very smooth ride. LOVE IT.

Barely ever use the paddle shifters, maybe I'll use them for stopping with snow on the ground. Has a mpg gauge that is really dumb. One thing I found strange is when I'm driving slow, then slow down more from braking it seems that it jumps gears. Going to have them check it out, maybe its just me

Love My Subaru..
By Outback

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Loving my Outback, I am a first time Subaru owner and it is great and fun to drive. Comfort level wonderful and enough room for a car seat in the back with plenty of leg room for a toddler. Just the right size. My husband drives and SUV and we agreed to scale down. I looked at all crossover, Rav $, CR-V, GMC and this one was the bested priced, best rating for safety. Hands down this car came in first and a good all around.

At least the 3rd recall since redsign
By bergerb2

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Another recall - each one successively more potentially dangerous and harmful. Original upholstery build quality was poor and I wrote sub of America and sub of Indiana - alerting that if I can see the poor upholstery - what couldn't I see. In the intervening 6 months 3 recalls. A piece of crap. And oh - no one of responsibility ever even wrote with a comforting statement. Avoid Subaru outback.

go back to old design or buy a used pre- 2010