2010 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Pleased
By Edwards on 06/11/10 07:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm very happy to have a new car after driving the last one for 12 years. However, I thought once I got a new car all that engine noise would stop. Not the case with my new car. It is a little louder than I expected. I called the dealer and they said it was normal with CVT and the OB. I hope it stops soon, or I get used to it. Other than that I LOVE IT! It is a beautiful car and very comfortable. My friends and family liked it so much they are all looking to get one. Feel of luxury with a great price!

edmunds review is very wrong
By edmunds review-wrong on 06/06/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I again read the edmunds review and i find it very flawed. Most American like the new styling. It's clean and crisp and classy. The highway handling is great but i can't comment on off road as i haven't taken it off road.The mileage is great. 30.5 mpg first tank with wife, dog and all our gear. Second tank i will hit over 500 miles. I drove the 2009 model outback and chose not to buy it, but this year, well, they did it all well. Take it from a guy that drives and buys one. Any why was it chosen the SUV crossover of the year? Edmunds, get your head in gear and rate this car higher. It sure is.

Not friendly enough for elder
By PISC on 06/06/10 12:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I like to see the 2011 Subaru outback to add power tailgate option. So, my grandpa can buy it since he like it very much. But he will not buy it because he has no strength to close the hatch back without other's help.

Luv this car!
By justsomeguy on 06/04/10 21:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru. Love it! CVT transmission takes some getting used to. Car is bank vault quiet on the highway. Excellent on slick roads. Put just under 4000 miles on it on a trip to Texas in April. Twice during the trip got 500 miles on a tank of gas and that was with 3 adults and all our luggage and a large cooler. Can hardly wait to take it to Vegas this fall! I like that the car sets up a little higher than a sedan, makes it alot easier to get in and out. The only thing I have a complaint about is the drivers seat. It could be a little wider. The bolstering on the seat bottom and the back is a little tight. All in all very happy and I hope to be driving this car for many years.

Great car, Awesome Harman Kardon audio!
By Steve B on 06/02/10 15:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Replaced a Honda CR-V, was a very good decision for us. The Outback is roomier, more versatile, has better features for the money. So far, we are very pleased with the decision. CVT took some getting used to - the wind up/wind down is not something I have experienced before. Resulting gas mileage is a reasonable trade off. We thought about getting the V- 6 - glad we did not.

3000 miles and still liking it
By Sf Guy on 06/01/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Wife and I returned to Subaru after we decided to replace our 01 Legacy GT Sedan. The OB 2.5i with CVT does a very nice job regarding comfort ability and mileage. Regarding handling? If I compare it to our old land cruiser its fantastic! If I compare the handling to our old Legacy GT its terrible. The OB is a very good handling SUV and a very marginal handling car as to be expected with the SUV ride height and ability. Rear seat is king when it comes to big kids car seats and comfort etc. The CVT took some getting use to but it does a fantastic job keeping to the power band. Subaru needs to build a turbo and non turbo Legacy GT wagon! Not everyone will find the SUV/Car performance likable.

Great Value so far
By Clayton on 06/01/10 07:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have owned this car about 1 month. Have taken a 2600 trip with no problems. Great car, averaged 31.8 mpg @ 70 miles per hour. For the price of this car, assuming it holds up the way other Subaru's do, is a great value. Well built and very tight.

My final selection
By gusser on 05/31/10 19:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was very impressed with the performance and ride of this vehicle. It took a few hours to get the feel of the steering (small wheel, which is comfortable) and the transmission (cvt) rather than the upgraded radio i had the dealer install a hands free phone system, a auto dimming mirror, mud flaps and rear bumper protector. I had a Pontiac Aztek which i was very fond of and was hesitant about the move to the Subaru. But, i immediately felt comfortable with everything about this vehicle. My first tank provided 30.5 mpg, which is great. the seats are a little smaller than the Pontiac, but comfortable for me, my wife does not like the passenger seat. That's it. Very nice car.

Happy Owner
By MitchSubaru on 05/31/10 07:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing like this car on the market. Yes, there's other all wheel drive crossovers cars on the road. Nothing compares as versatile. Perfect car for a small family. Adj: Roomy, Luxurious, Sporty, Safe, Solid, Smooth, Design, Extremely Happy

Fabulous vehicle
By lyleseven on 05/30/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle as an all around car for commuting and transporting my bicycles. It is terrific to take my bike in the back without having to remove the front wheel of the bike. Plenty of room! Great fit and finish and comfortable to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon in VA is:

$98 per month*