Used 2010 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Disappointed after first year
By klf

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd review, first being after i owned the car for just one month. a much happier time. Within the past 3 months i have returned to the dealer for 3, that's right, 3 recalls as well as my coolant leaking causing my engine to smoke. I was told at the dealership that i have no leaks, simply an air pocket had burst, causing all the coolant to dry up and need re-filling. What?! Well last night i placed cardboard under the vehicle and guess what i woke up to this morning? Wet cardboard! I went from a Jeep G.Cherokee to my Outback, but will be going back to Jeep as soon as my lease is up! Rather pay a tad more at the pump and drive a reliable vehicle. Going back to a G.Cherokee.

Favorite Features

Simply the looks of the car, both inside and out are very sleek, yet rugged. The features in the Premium level are quite basic, but i did add leather.

Suggested Improvements

automatic locks and rear passenger a/c- heating vents should be standard on a vehicle close to 30k, both of these were on my Jeep Cherokee

Great Vehicle
By cwTX

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my Outback in late February and it has been a great car. I've put over 18000 miles on it commuting to visit my fiance in Dallas (I'm in Houston) about every weekend, driving to Flagstaff,AZ and back and then driving up to Maine and back. I have had 0 complaints. The power was more than sufficient in the mountains and canyons in AZ and the gas mileage has been superb-low 30s on the highway, high 20s in the city. Comfort has not been a problem, even for the 20 hrs straight the fiance and I spent inside the car on the way back from Maine. Between my mom's BMW X5 and my Outback, I would pick my Outback. Definitely recommend.

Favorite Features

Space. It is amazing how much is possible to fit inside. For the price and fuel economy there really isn't anything that has as much room.

Suggested Improvements

Would prefer a temperature gauge rather than the fuel economy gauge.

2010 OB leaking sunroof, & oil pump
By hesper

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned the 2010 outback for a year and have had a leaking sunroof for, yes, a year. After two different dealers attempted and failed at the repair (it leaks primarily during pressure washes, but drips when it rains, I moved on to the national customer service for help and their conclusion is that all 2010 sun roofs leak and they are NOT designed to withstand car washes. The bottom line is they will NOT repair the sunroof end of story. The car is now in the shop for an oil leak. CVT has great MPG, but I question the durability. Customer service is poor...very poor. Too bad because my 2000 OB was great. Suby lost a customer for ever.

Suggested Improvements

Improved customer service, design the sunroofs for car washes!

Great Car- but lack of features
By Jenni

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Don't get me wrong, I really do love my Subaru. It has awesome gas mileage and goes great. Its the little things that you might just "expect" that I'm finding. Like: the passenger seat is manual and doesn't have the up and down movement or back support, if you put the window lock on you (as the driver) cannot work the windows either, when you turn the car off you cannot still listen to the radio or adjust the windows (even if a door hasn't been opened), I don't know about other models but on really hot days my air just isnt cold enough, there's a few other "little" things but I cant remember more right now

Favorite Features

Large area in back for big dogs Great gas mileage Back seats have reclining motion

Suggested Improvements

(read review!)

Mixed Feelings
By Fatty

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The concept of the car is perfect. Excellent fuel economy, lots of cargo and passenger room and an available manual transmission (a rarity nowadays). The execution is less than perfect. A new rattle or two every day, wallowing handling (although the smooth ride is a decent consolation) and serious quality and safety defects. If you own a manual transmission equipped Outback (or will own in the future), make sure you get the TSB performed to fix the stalling issue (a major safety concern).

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, utility and manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

Please ditch the absolutely laughable stock radio. Fix the nagging quality issues! Consult with any of the number of manufacturers who understand suspension tuning. You shouldn't have to choose between a decent ride or your car not handling like a whale.