Used 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Frozen feet
By Hill Dweller

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is our third Subaru and we've loved our 2001 Outback. The most disappointing feature of out 2010 is that the heater does not blow heat onto one's feet even when set to floor alone. When the fan is turned up the noise is deafening and still no heat on feet. We took it in for servicing as we just assumed it must be some blockage or disconnection from shipping. We were told this is "normal". This seems ridiculous as this model touted as being perfect for snowy climes. Should be sold with complimentary boxes of toe warmers! What's up with stationary outside mirrors. Liked the break-aways on older models lots better! Wish speedometer was more precise- only 10mph increments and 20 mph digits.

Heated seats including heat in seat backs. Adjustable driver's seat. Spacious back seat. Improved front console. Rear console is handy.

Get the heater to blow hot air on feet! Bring back break-away mirrors. Get rid of silly standard shift "paddles". They are non-functional and gloves get caught in them. Move hazard light control back onto dash and away from heater. I turn them on by accident all the time.

First Time Subaru Owner
By John

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've put on 5,000 miles in the first two months and I've been very happy with the experience. It's comfortable and has a lot of nice commuting features; blue tooth, Sirius radio, all wheel drive, and good gas mileage (27 mpg). It's good in snow but the critical test will be how well it does on the beach this May. Good value for all the features included.

Sound system, style, comfort, gas mileage.

It needs automatic door locks and the cigarette lighters (aka battery chargers) de-energize when the key is removed.

Great value
By HDNVALLEY

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After test driving most competitors, both import and domestic, the Outback had the best combination of price, ride quality and versatility. I really like it's quiet ride and the smooth CVT transmission. It handles great in snow. Cold weather seems to reduce the fuel mileage more than I expected. So far I'm getting 24-25 MPG with local and short trip driving. After 3200 miles an alignment is the only warranty service performed. The toe-in was off both front and rear and caused the car to wander a lot at 65-70 MPH. Overall I'm quite pleased with the Outback.

Quiet ride and comfortable seats. Smooth CVT transmission and AWD.

Make red a color option. Let me choose the interior color. Homelink garage door opener should work with the ignition off. Let me unlock all doors with a single push of the remote button. Make the roof rack an option. Better radio. Button to unlock rear hatch from the drivers seat.

The "go anywhere, do everything vehicle"
By The Subaru Nut

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our 2010 Outback is our 4th Subaru over 20 years. This model is much larger, roomier, quieter and nicer than previous versions! We have the 4 cyl with CVT, currently with 3400 miles. Mileage is 26-28 in town, over 30 hwy! Power is quite adequate and handling great. Ride is fantastic (beats any other venders I've experienced). Many nice creature comforts, including audio, puddle lights, bluetooth, heated seats and easy to locate/use controls on steering wheel. Overall this is the best Subaru Outback ever produced and I highly recommend it to anyone. A great vehicle for all driving and road conditions!

Roominess, smooth ride, seat comfort, finger tip steering wheel controls, ease of entry/exit, build quality and great mileage w/reg fuel! Noteably, an unbeatble and AWESOME AWD system! A very versatile vehicle for ALL weather and road conditions.

Break-away external mirrors, memory driver seat controls, dual exhaust and increased HP!

Don't Overlook Subaru
By roger33

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car about a week ago. We looked at every SUV in it's class. The Outback surpassed all in ride, comfort, build quality,safety, and price hands down. I had never really paid much attention to Subaru before this. I have a feeling it won't be the last Subaru we will own.

Seats and rear legroom. The larger leather seats for the 2010 year are very comfortable. I'm 6'2" and am not cramped in the rear seats. I've seen complaints about Subaru stereo's. The Harmon/Kardon system sounds really good.

Drivers seat memory. This car has it all. Can't really find anything to complain about. It's only 1 week old though.

• SUV