Used 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Great value
By HDNVALLEY

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After test driving most competitors, both import and domestic, the Outback had the best combination of price, ride quality and versatility. I really like it's quiet ride and the smooth CVT transmission. It handles great in snow. Cold weather seems to reduce the fuel mileage more than I expected. So far I'm getting 24-25 MPG with local and short trip driving. After 3200 miles an alignment is the only warranty service performed. The toe-in was off both front and rear and caused the car to wander a lot at 65-70 MPH. Overall I'm quite pleased with the Outback.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride and comfortable seats. Smooth CVT transmission and AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Make red a color option. Let me choose the interior color. Homelink garage door opener should work with the ignition off. Let me unlock all doors with a single push of the remote button. Make the roof rack an option. Better radio. Button to unlock rear hatch from the drivers seat.

The "go anywhere, do everything vehicle"
By The Subaru Nut

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our 2010 Outback is our 4th Subaru over 20 years. This model is much larger, roomier, quieter and nicer than previous versions! We have the 4 cyl with CVT, currently with 3400 miles. Mileage is 26-28 in town, over 30 hwy! Power is quite adequate and handling great. Ride is fantastic (beats any other venders I've experienced). Many nice creature comforts, including audio, puddle lights, bluetooth, heated seats and easy to locate/use controls on steering wheel. Overall this is the best Subaru Outback ever produced and I highly recommend it to anyone. A great vehicle for all driving and road conditions!

Favorite Features

Roominess, smooth ride, seat comfort, finger tip steering wheel controls, ease of entry/exit, build quality and great mileage w/reg fuel! Noteably, an unbeatble and AWESOME AWD system! A very versatile vehicle for ALL weather and road conditions.

Suggested Improvements

Break-away external mirrors, memory driver seat controls, dual exhaust and increased HP!

Don't Overlook Subaru
By roger33

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car about a week ago. We looked at every SUV in it's class. The Outback surpassed all in ride, comfort, build quality,safety, and price hands down. I had never really paid much attention to Subaru before this. I have a feeling it won't be the last Subaru we will own.

Favorite Features

Seats and rear legroom. The larger leather seats for the 2010 year are very comfortable. I'm 6'2" and am not cramped in the rear seats. I've seen complaints about Subaru stereo's. The Harmon/Kardon system sounds really good.

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat memory. This car has it all. Can't really find anything to complain about. It's only 1 week old though.

car for old man
By Syy

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

All I love about this car is the AWD. It feels soooo underpowered. Picking up is very slow. Heating system takes so long to feel warm. After a few months, the chemical-like smell inside is still strong. plastic parts feels so cheap inside. maybe the first and the last Subaru for me.

Favorite Features

AWD. Quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Need more powerful engine, heating system. folding mirrors.

Fix the front passed passenger seat
By Gary Hill

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall we are happy with the car so far except for the height of the front passenger seat. My wife stated if she had known this she would not have bought the car.

Suggested Improvements

The height of the front passenger seat is quite a bit lower than the drivers seat so my wife feels like she is sitting in a hole when she is sitting in it and I am the driver. There are no adjustments for it like the drivers seat. Hopefully Subaru will have a fix for this.