2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Suburu Delivers Again
By cwcrawford on 08/10/09 21:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I are thrilled with our 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5 LTD edition. Fit and finish are excellent, road noise minimal. The CVT transmission functions smoothly, minimizing engine noise on acceleration. Amenities are numerous and well placed. Road feel is positive and responsive despite Subaru's best efforts to point the ride more like a car than a truck. That's a plus for me -- I've moved beyond bouncing. Bottom line, this car delivers what it promises.

Wonderful car
By Steven on 08/08/09 20:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have been enjoying this car for two weeks now, and the only complaints we have are menial. The car has an extremely smooth and comfortable ride quality while providing very good gas mileage for a car of its size. It would be nice to have a little more "ummf" under the hood, but I wouldn't call it underpowered. All in all Subaru has managed to improve an already great car!

2010 Outback
By herndon1 on 08/07/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Wow! Subaru is getting it right. Great mileage, 23 city, over 30 highway and huge gas tank 18.5 gal. equals a 450 mile range. High quality interior--seats in both front and rear incredibly comfortable. Roof rack is ingenious and will be copied quickly by all other brands. CVT takes getting used too, but it does succeed in keeping engine revolutions very low and that's how SOA is getting the great MPG. Navigation system with Ipod, bluetooth and satellite radio works great--as good as Ford Sync. Great navigation screen--as good as Acura, Cadillac and Lexus. Very quiet interior--a new breakthrough for SOA. SOA sales are up 34% for the last twelve months. This car will sell very well!

Lovin'
By Bob H on 08/07/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a 2010 Outback. I have had it for two weeks and am loving it. I got it because of its towing ability with good mpg. I like the space that they have increased this model from the 2009 model. Car feels tight and has a good ride. The only thing I would change is that I would have preferred Subaru's diesel.

I Just Like It
By Reasonable on 08/07/09 15:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded a 1997 Ford Explorer for this 2.5i Outback Limited. Had owned a new 1980 Subaru hatchback and thought of Subaru's as small cars. Surprise! Overall the 2010 Outback is as big as the '97 Explorer. Some dimensions are bigger, some smaller, but overall it's about the same size. It's very comfortable, quiet, and a pleasure to drive. Took a 350 mile round trip last Saturday, through very hilly country, and averaged 31.5 mpg. Yes I drove conservatively, 55 to 60 mph mostly (hit 70 only once). I am more enthusiastic about this car than any car I've bought since my Mercur XR4TI. Subaru, you really got it right with this one.

Uber oo
By Ann Onymous on 08/03/09 07:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I didn't think any car would seem better to me than my 2006 Forester 2.5XT (which I'm keeping). We drove the 2010 Outback thinking maybe next year for my husband - and decided we had to have it now. I am so jealous. My only complaints - I like oil and temp gauges - not idiot lights; and no ashtray available is just silly. Love the CVT - this will give us great mileage and it has as much giddy-up as our Turbo - handy for merging on our interstates. Wonderfully smooth, quiet. Paddles for downshifting will be great in the mountains. The re-design is complete - looks nothing like 2009 Outback - way bigger inside. Wish I could afford two.

Great Car
By Steve on 08/02/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought our Outback the same week our local dealership got them in. We love it! Our only complaint if you want to call it a complaint is the engine - it has enough power, but no extra. It's using all it has when merging onto the interstate, but it's golden when cruising. Set it on 70 MPH, and the CVT gears down the engine to about 2000RPM and the "instant" MPG gague is showing 35+ MPG which is great for a vehicle this size. Everything else with this car is great - the exterior styling stands out, and the interior is comfortable and the styling is great - plenty of room for our family of three.

Homerun with new 2010 Outback
By Terry on 07/31/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Now looks more like a SUV- taller stance- larger interior and the new CVT is silky smooth! Very impressed with how the interior looks- seats are more comf. and visibility is improved.

Wonderful Vehicle... So Far
By Love IT!!! Good Job on 07/30/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was definitely one of the best purchases I've ever made. The car is solid, whips around turns with superior handling. I love the paddle shifters for the manual mode. The premium sound is a plus (worth the extra $$). Easy latches on roof rails to swing them around.

Exceeds expectations
By skibum on 07/29/09 22:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First off, I was dubious of the new transmission at first, but I can't believe the mileage I'm getting with the CVT, it's been between 29 and 32mpg so far. I've found it to be very controllable as well, and the simulated gears look like they will work well in the Sierras this winter. The upgraded stereo sounds terrific, tons of room and ridiculously spacious in the reclining back seat, and many improvements over my previous Subaru, a Forester. No squeaks or rattles here.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Outback in VA is:

$98 per month*