2010 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
First Time Subie Owner
By Paul on 08/30/09 07:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After owning Honda's for 23 years I decided to to purchase something else. What a difference in quietness. I feel like I'm driving a Lexus. Paddle shifters are great for mountain driving and the boxer engine has good power while providing good MPG. CVT Trans is smooth but takes a while to get use to if you have never driven one. Overall one of the best if not the best values in it's class for your hard earned money.

As practical as a Swiss knife
By Ironman on 08/29/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is a real pleasure to drive on the road. It is comfortable with plenty of interior space for road trips. It drives great off-road with its good ground clearance. Its interior provides plenty of cargo space. The rear passengers enjoy the ride just as much as the front passengers with the rear foldable seats. The roof rails were ingeniously designed and are easy to operate. The fuel economy is incredible for the size of the Outback. No regrets on our new purchase, only fun! Its ready for adventure!

I like it
By tom on 08/28/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My last new car was a 1989 Range Rover. After twenty years I traded it, cash for clunkers, for the Outback. I travel on dirt roads to get to my home. The road clearance is a very important feature. Off road ride is excellent. On pavement it drives like a sporty sedan.

Snow eater
By Deisel lover on 08/28/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Progress has been made. Still under powered but the cvt, hill brake, comfort added, mileage increased, interior enlargement all add up to a outstanding drive.This car is a great snow eater. There is no other car on the road that can compare. It tows well. In the past ten years I've had six subarus, all various models. This is the best. On the road, mileage at 60/32, 70/30/31, and in the city 22.

Hey, I fit!
By Jeff on 08/24/09 21:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a big guy, 6'3, 250 lbs, and have been driving a big hurkin' SUV for the last 10 years. With no need for this large of a vehicle anymore, I decided to downsize to a smaller SUV. I checked out Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Chevy and Ford. I was actually leaning towards the Honda Pilot when my wife pointed out the Subaru dealership on the way home. I told her no way! Last time I had tried to test drive a Subaru Forester back in 1999, I couldn't contort myself to squeeze into the drivers' seat without smacking some part of my body on the car. Anyhow, decided to give the Outback a try. I can't believe how comfortable it was! Better than any other small SUVs I had tried. Bought it on the spot!

Love my new 2010 Outback!
By infotogo on 08/22/09 03:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Trading my 2002 LL Bean Outback was not easy...but the new 2010 is such a great vehicle I could not resist. We compared it to the Toyota RAV 4 V6 and found the Outback to be more comfortable and smoother, overall. We needed to be able to tow a small camper, and the Outback has the towing capacity we need, without going to a V6. Gas mileage is posted at 22-29, and in the city I am getting almost 25 so far. And did I say the leather seats are soooo nice? This is our 5th Subaru, and we have had good experiences with every one.

Go for the 3.6R Limited!
By rpr on 08/16/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2005 Forester was in an accident so we test drove the new Subaru's and were thoroughly impressed with the 2010 Outbacks. The 4 cyl didn't have enough power for us, so we went w/ the 3.6. Didn't like the fabric on the seats on the Premium models, and we needed bluetooth, side view mirror defrost & auto climate control, so we went with the Limited. Outstanding redesign, plenty of power, good fuel economy, extremely comfortable interior, very quiet (much improved w/o the frameless windows). One thing to look out for, these 3.6 engines can have a fairly bad hesitation when accelerating from low speeds. Many may not notice it, but I trust/hope there will be a TSB fix from Subaru.

Not enough time for valid reliability
By NewSubie on 08/16/09 07:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Wife and I were thinking 2010 Forester, but 2010 Outback, though more expensive, is a much more solid and quiet rig. Compared to 09 Outback, significant improvements in front passenger and rear passenger leg room (major factor for us). CVT tranny also a major plus due to significant fuel economy boost (with 40 miles on engine, we average 27.2 mpg on 15 mile drive home with some stop/go city driving and mostly highway driving). I always wonder about new design quirks with model year re-designs, but the car addressed our key objectives of legroom and fuel efficiency. Forester had a few squeaks in interior during test drive. This outback was rock solid over bumpy roads and railroad tracks.

Not Worth It
By z_outback on 08/15/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought the 2010 Subaru Outback Premium with CVT and all weather options. The quality of this car is not as good as it looks. Driving up a slope and the engine makes a lot of noise. While driving in high speed on freeway, you hear noise and squeaky behind in trunk. It is not worth it. It is the first and last of my Subaru Outback!

Great value, smart looks.
By Over the Hill on 08/13/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I researched for months and test drove 6 cars before finally settling on the Outback. My previous car was a Honda mini-van, which I drove for 11 years. I was looking for good utility along with sedan comfort; I think this car delivers both. I almost purchased an 09 Outback in May, but the headrests were impossible to live with. The 2010 redesign has eliminated this issue, at least for me. This car delivers great value and I predict that it will be a huge hit for Subaru.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon in VA is:

$98 per month*