2010 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
I am in love!!!
By kf on 09/25/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Turned in a leased Jeep Grand Cherokee, but still wanted AWD, room for 2 kids and 2 dogs. Well I got it and so much more! Added leather to the Premium model, well worth it. Seats are beyond comfortable and interior is so spacious. My 2 kids, both in carseats, are not kicking the back of the seats. The new larger body style is perfect. So fun, peppy and comfortable to drive and I cannot believe gas mileage, especially compared to previous vehicle. My car is as quiet as a whisper, I love the dash layout and can read every inch of it w/o a problem. So glad I waited for new body style, people doing "double takes".

Who's your driver?
By loobee on 09/21/09 09:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I don't know who from Edmunds did the road test,or if they even really drove the car! The most nimble car, best handeling Outback ever! Oh, by the way, try to find an A.W.D. that comes close to this performance (let alone fuel economy...) for under $35K!!! Sorry, not available. I'm just so happy the "bang for the buck" product still exists.

1 week / 1-1/2 tanks of gas - Loving it
By DRL on 09/18/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In just over a week I have driven my new 2.5i just over 700 miles and am thoroughly impressed. The ride is quiet and wonderfully smooth even on rough roads (paved and patched - no offroading yet). The winding country roads where I live are handled with ease. After 30 years of driving a manual transmission, I test drove the CVT and was hooked. Performance is smooth with very quick response. The 2.5L engine won't win any drag races, but it has plenty of power and punch for daily driving and highway merging. All while pulling an amazing combined 29.4MPG (mostly highway, small town and country roads) on the first tank and a half of gas. I am absolutely delighted with the car so far.

Where's the manuals?
By Charlie on 09/10/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Got my Outback a couple weeks ago. It had been on order for four weeks. Apparently SOA will not be manufacturing/shipping manual transmissions unless there has been a high demand in an area. Only found one dealer located 300 miles away willing to order vehicle. Would have liked to have gotten the bigger engine, but not offered with manual. This is my fourth Outback. It is a BIG car. Handles great. Quiet on hgwy. Mileage around 25. Rear hatch difficult to close. Hidden radio antenna, which causes poor reception. Clock/temp readouts recessed near windshield. Hard to read. MPG gauge worthless. Even with it's quirks, great vehicle.

A Clear Winner
By Car Guy on 09/08/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just turned a thousand miles on my new green Outback. We needed something larger than my Forester XT for practical reasons, and we looked at various options. Few non-humongous SUVs and wagons have much space behind the middle seats, and of course they're heavy and gluttonous. And expensive. This car is wonderful, a combination of room, comfort and economy (and low cost) that's not available elsewhere. Most people buying anew car should consider one of these if they need room at all.

Big Inside and Almost a Turbo
By rmnord on 09/04/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Living in the Rockies at 9100' I was looking for a replacement for my '06 Outback XT. I wanted enough power to accelerate uphill at altitude and the supposed improved fuel economy and use of regular fuel were certainly an appeal. So I drove the 2.5i w/ CVT and found it to be almost as powerful as the turbo and when using the paddle shifters, quite fun to drive. I've now owned it for a month and am mostly satisfied w/ a few exceptions. Build quality doesn't seem as good as previous Subys-seems like some rattles that shouldn't be there. The ride is lots more spongy and soft. Lack of temp gauge bad idea. Interior comfort is great-I'm 6'3" and have lots of legroom-almost like a European car.

The Right Decision
By PDB on 08/30/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our 3.6 Limited Outback for three weeks now and couldn't be happier. The ride is solid and quiet, and the suspension is compliant yet conveys sufficient road feel to keep the driver involved. The fit and finish of the interior are first rate: the buttons and dials are uncomplicated and intuitive, and the seats are well designed, comfortable and provide plenty of support. The 3.6 liter engine supplies ample power for a car this size, and it has a refinement I didn't expect. Subaru has built a well-thought-out car which has certainly resonated with us and raised the bar for this category.

Under Rated - Great Car
By Chuck F. on 08/30/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have 1000 miles driven and I'm loving this car. CVT is very smooth and the 2.5i performs surprisingly well. Handles real well and has a solid and smooth highway feel. Did a 350 mile trip recently and had no road fatigue. Ergonomics for the driver are well designed and the more familiar I get the happier I become with how they laid things out. Fit, finish and workmanship appear outstanding. The manual mode is a dream when driving mountain roads and the paddle shifters are wonderful. First Subaru for me- fell in love with a 2009 loaner and when I went to buy one I found the newly designed 2010 - with a bigger interior (the one drawback I felt the Outback had) So, it was an easy sell.

I'm lovin' it
By DJ-ATX on 08/30/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had it two weeks now and have put about 300 miles on it already. I'm absolutely thrilled with it. I had a BMW X5 prior to this and to be blunt, I like the outback better! It is peppy, drives like a sports car, gas mileage is fantastic (comparatively speaking) and it's so quiet inside. This is my first Subaru and I wish I had thought to buy one years ago. I'm totally in love. And since it's so new, I get tons of looks, stares and compliments! We can't wait to take it to the beach or on a trail! My recommendation - RUN, don't walk, RUN out and get one as quickly as you can.

Luxurious Forrester
By do-da on 08/30/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Wanted a Forrester for a year. Went to buy one but none on the lot. Test drove the new body style Outback. It has the same benefits as the Forrester, plus the advantage of better gas mileage and more plush interior. Can't beat the 30+ MPG on an AWD vehicle. Plus, it's wide enough to seat 3 kids booster seats.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon in VA is:

$98 per month*