2010 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
2012 Outback
By lkarickhoff on 11/25/11 09:50 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This cars steering was so bad, with about a 1/2 inches of play at center that I took it back to O'Brien's in Fort Myers FL with less than 150 miles on it. I asked if I could get my 2009 Outback back. They said there was nothing they could do. They said my 09 Outback was sold back to Subaru, and gone. I later saw that it was in there back lot. So they lied. So I traded for a Hyudai until I can figure out what I want next. I lost about 10 to 12 thousand that weekend. I have had 45 new cars.

Sports sedan of an SUV
By sheepdog on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a family car/suv that drove like a sports car. This is the car chose. Fits the bill pretty well. I did research at Subaru outback.org and found a lot of them add a Subaru 19 mm rear sway bar kit ($72 online) that makes the car corner much flatter but still ride well. This 10 minute easy install job provided my family sports car. Best $72 upgrade ever. Dealership had no problem with the switch for warranty. Drives with a German feel now. Watch your speed, the car likes to be driven over 60 mph everywhere!

Great value, fun to drive
By cfmelville on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We've had the car for 11 months now and are pleased with the performance and reliability. The only maintenance we've needed was 2 oil changes, the last included checking for 2 recall issues (neither was found on our car.) Cargo room is adequate although with 2 adults and 2 large dogs we did purchase a roof basket since we car camp frequently. No complaints about handling, in fact the car handles quite well, very fast off the line and easy to drive on winding roads. Much nicer to drive than the Xterra we had before although not as rugged.

I really wanted to like this car, but...
By WeatherfordOutback on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great snow car, however it developed the well documented front end shimmy almost immediately. Many of the convenience and entertainment features are quirky or poorly implemented (such as a Nav system that is horrendous and can't be read with Polarized sunglasses). Subaru finally admitted that their proposed fix to the shimmy problem would not really fix the problem, so we traded the vehicle in. Gas mileage was mid-20's in town, 30 and up on the highway. Dealership process was generally poor. A road force balance would fix the shimmy for 1000 miles or so, then it returned with a vengeance. Proposed permanent fix involved almost entire steering system rebuild.

Very Happy
By R on 07/29/10 20:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Limited 3.6 new, have driven 5950 miles, 19.5 mpg in town, 28 mpg highway, very quite even on the highway, Great SUV, would purchase again.

Don't get the navigation
By adsgoddess on 07/02/10 06:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car except for the navigation/audio system. However, the backup camera is a necessary. The navigation system is so bad that it is unusable in city traffic situations and is downright unsafe in it characteristics. It does not say street names, is unreadable in the sun or when you turn on your lights during the day, you cannot change or operate the nav system when you are moving. The audio system uses mhz instead of treble and bass settings. Also, no fix in sight! For the money, get aftermarket.

Great Subaru
By Mt&SnowDriver on 06/17/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third Subaru I have owned and it is the best yet. Really enjoy the added room inside. I can find no quarrel with appearance inside or out. Drives very quite and assertive. Appears to be built as well as all previous Subaru's. Good maintenance and they just keep on running.

Happy Owner
By MitchSubaru on 05/31/10 07:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing like this car on the market. Yes, there's other all wheel drive crossovers cars on the road. Nothing compares as versatile. Perfect car for a small family. Adj: Roomy, Luxurious, Sporty, Safe, Solid, Smooth, Design, Extremely Happy

Good Wagon
By Ben Smith on 05/22/10 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I live in the pacific northwest where AWD is a must, and the outback exceeds my expectations. Snow, Rain, and sleet have no effect on this ride. It's simply a must in the rough weather. The Heated seats are a charm in the cold, plus they heat up fast.

Subaru Outback -Quality Control Issue
By decisions2make on 04/07/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery with only 3 miles on the vehicle and noticed a steering vibration. My dealer encouraged me to take delivery since the tires probably needed to be broken in. Anyways, the steering vibration is worse, and to date, nobody has the solution. It forces you to use 2 hands on the wheel at all times to ensure adequate control of the vehicle. This has been reported to SOA. Now I wait to hear what is the solution. Based on internet research, this is a common problem with several new outbacks. I have less than 1,000 miles on the vehicle to date. On the positive side, this model is a great improvement in the quality of interior finish including seat comfort and extra space from the 2008

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon in VA is:

$107 per month*