2010 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Traded in 1997 Outback, should have kept it!
By jpm2 on 01/05/11 11:15 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this 2010 in Dec 2009 and ready to trade it in for something other than Subaru. 1st, the old OB had a car chassis (great ) and now an SUV/Truck chassis (awful). 3 recalls, stalling with A/C on full, squeaky seats, under powered engine, can't find door unlock button at night, rocky and jolting ride (Truck chassis). This car is much bigger than the real station wagon Outback. I wish I knew at the time Subaru made these major, value destroying changes, to the Outback. We are very disappointed with this car and I wish I knew they made these

Mixed Feelings
By Fatty on 08/16/10 16:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The concept of the car is perfect. Excellent fuel economy, lots of cargo and passenger room and an available manual transmission (a rarity nowadays). The execution is less than perfect. A new rattle or two every day, wallowing handling (although the smooth ride is a decent consolation) and serious quality and safety defects. If you own a manual transmission equipped Outback (or will own in the future), make sure you get the TSB performed to fix the stalling issue (a major safety concern).

Curtain Extra?
By Barbara on 03/28/10 18:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I only had my outback for 1 week, and soon far we love it. We didn't receive the curtain for the back area. I thought that was standard. Does anyone know? We ask the dealership, and they reply that was extra.

Not a Station Wagon Anymore!
By CHAK on 12/10/09 10:42 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The requirements for a new car to replace our 1997 Outback was not to have an SUV nor CUV, but a wagon with 5* safety and AWD. Well, we ended up with the 2010 Outback, which is a combo of all three. Little did we know after we brought car home and seeing it in our garage, this is a large CUV/smaller SUV, not the usual Outback wagon. It is huge and if you are against SUV/CUV's, this is not your vehicle. Not sure how we will deal with driving an SUV, as it seems OK, but, it feels like I am driving a tank. I am also shocked to read neg comments on roof rack.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon in VA is:

$98 per month*