Used 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Traded in 1997 Outback, should have kept it!
By jpm2

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this 2010 in Dec 2009 and ready to trade it in for something other than Subaru. 1st, the old OB had a car chassis (great ) and now an SUV/Truck chassis (awful). 3 recalls, stalling with A/C on full, squeaky seats, under powered engine, can't find door unlock button at night, rocky and jolting ride (Truck chassis). This car is much bigger than the real station wagon Outback. I wish I knew at the time Subaru made these major, value destroying changes, to the Outback. We are very disappointed with this car and I wish I knew they made these

Favorite Features

Higher ride is nicer

Suggested Improvements

Bigger lock/unlock buttons. Go back to car chassis, more HP for engine. Go back to to what the Outback was!

Mixed Feelings
By Fatty

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The concept of the car is perfect. Excellent fuel economy, lots of cargo and passenger room and an available manual transmission (a rarity nowadays). The execution is less than perfect. A new rattle or two every day, wallowing handling (although the smooth ride is a decent consolation) and serious quality and safety defects. If you own a manual transmission equipped Outback (or will own in the future), make sure you get the TSB performed to fix the stalling issue (a major safety concern).

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, utility and manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

Please ditch the absolutely laughable stock radio. Fix the nagging quality issues! Consult with any of the number of manufacturers who understand suspension tuning. You shouldn't have to choose between a decent ride or your car not handling like a whale.

Curtain Extra?
By Barbara

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I only had my outback for 1 week, and soon far we love it. We didn't receive the curtain for the back area. I thought that was standard. Does anyone know? We ask the dealership, and they reply that was extra.

Favorite Features

Quite ride, handles great!

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see nicer trim on the interior.

Not a Station Wagon Anymore!
By CHAK

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The requirements for a new car to replace our 1997 Outback was not to have an SUV nor CUV, but a wagon with 5* safety and AWD. Well, we ended up with the 2010 Outback, which is a combo of all three. Little did we know after we brought car home and seeing it in our garage, this is a large CUV/smaller SUV, not the usual Outback wagon. It is huge and if you are against SUV/CUV's, this is not your vehicle. Not sure how we will deal with driving an SUV, as it seems OK, but, it feels like I am driving a tank. I am also shocked to read neg comments on roof rack.

Favorite Features

Sound System is good. You can play a soccer game in the back seat as it is cavernous.

Suggested Improvements

Hazards always being turned on when I shift gears. Side mirrors block view and non-folding.