Used 2010 Subaru Outback 3.6R Premium Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Good Value
By DVUS555

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

A big change for me from an Acura TL, but I wanted a car with some better storage space. I actually went to Subaru to look at the Forester. I didn't like the looks or feel of that and then noticed the Outback. I love the styling and it is very comfortable. I'm still getting used to the all-wheel drive feel vs. the front wheel of my Acura. I drove an Infinity EX on the same day on the same route and it was no comparison. The Outback was much better with more storage space. The drive is comfortable. I did have a little trouble with my transmission where it would "bang" into gear when coasting at a slow speed (10 mph) and then accelerating. The reflashed it and all is well now.

Favorite Features

Storage space, styling, comfortable seats. Puddle lights - I wouldn't have ordered these, but it is pretty cool

Suggested Improvements

Foldable mirrors, auto-locks, get rid of the economy gauge and put in thermostat and battery meter, some slight rattles, less wind noise, more/better trip information like avg mph, and travel time, actual tire pres. All of these would be nice, but for the price I still feel I got a very good value.

Like my new 2010 3.5 Outback
By PM

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Got about 600 miles and really like it. Had a 2004 LL Brean and this is a lot more car. Larger, more comfortable to drive, but more difficult to parallel park. A lot nicer on the road and feels like a Lexus ride. Mileage is better too. Will take it to snow country this next weekend. Tires bounce a little (not terrible) and feel like they are over inflated or made of a cheap single ply rubber.

Favorite Features

Quite, foos handling, smooth, stereo quality, overall quality, seat comfort, reclining back seats

Suggested Improvements

Can't access phone book or I-pod lists while car is moving which makes it a hassle to take advantage of all the Nav system features. Who wants to fumble with a cell phone for a number or your i-pod for s song where there is a large screen in the car. Really stupid lock out.

Best of the Best
By Adam

2010 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.6R Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Wow! Drove it 347 miles non stop from dealer driveway to my driveway, virtually all @ 70 or 75 MPH and averaged 28.2 MPG and still had more than a quarter of a tank left. A little more than five hours: the seat was great; no fatigue, great support. Vehicle is quiet, tight and fun to drive. The 3.6R is a great engine.

Favorite Features

Extremely comfortable seats, lots of power, quiet, handles beautifully, great gas mileage even on the break in first tank of gas. FUN TO DRIVE.

Suggested Improvements

Foldaway outside rear view mirrors should be standard.