2009 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Virgin2 Outback

2009 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

Virgin2 Outback
By silencedogoode on

2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After over 25 faithful years to UAW built car, that was it. GM left me hang again. I first bought a 97' Corolla, too small, and bad on the northern Michigan snow. I spotted my 09' Outback, blue with silver on the bottom online, and went for a test drive. I admit,,I had pudding face. It's now late 2011, my used 09' with 24K mi drives better than my Trailblazer did new. I have owned this car all summer, and love driving it. MPG is 28-29 hwy, and I am ready for another road trip. I will buy a brand new Outback as soon as Subaru improves the look over the 2012. Thats one ugly stepchild to the 05-09. Never fear leaving the UAW behind.

I love the styling, and the layout of the car. I love the reliability, and sure footed nature of the AWD.

The 2012 model is one ugly step child. Restyle the car more to 05-09, add heated wipers, and better tires than Bridgestone....they suck. I will buy a new one right away, keeping my beloved 09' of course.