Poor start
By Paul on
2009 Subaru Outback 3.0R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have not seen other reviews for the 2009 3.0R, so here it is. The car is great to drive and both the stereo and nav are fun to use once you get past the complexity of the user interface. Mileage is as advertised; should not expect better with this power and AWD. Now the down side. After 5 days and 500km, the check engine light came on with flashing cruise and shift control lights. The dealer had difficulty trouble shooting, but claimed to find the root cause after 2 days in the shop, replacing a solenoid that is used for control of one of the cams. One day after I got the car back I am staring at the same failure. This is not the reliability that I expected from a Subaru!
Favorite Features
Great compromise between handling and snow/rough road capabilities. The size is just right as long as you're under 5'11" and your kids are still small. Overall appearance has received a contemporary update.
Suggested Improvements
Leather should be better finished (sloppy in some areas). Massive number of buttons and switches are OK for a geek like me, but could be simplified. Initial reliability obviously needs work.