My First Subaru
By KentuckyRanger on
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I was disabled back in 06 and I need a car I know is going to last. After months of research the choice was obvious, I just wanted to wait till the 09s were out because they come standard with VDC which was well worth the wait after driving it. If you have any common sense you'll find it almost impossible to throw this car out of control. There's a store in the neighborhood that just sprayed their lot with sealant, very slick when wet. It rained yesterday morning so off I went. Around and around, I couldn't get this thing to spin out! Finally I just went in circles until the car went beyond what the tires could handle and I slid sideways. 20 Stars!!
Favorite Features
Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) super gas mileage. Interior on the Limited is L.L.Bean even though it doesn't say it on the car. Harman Kardon stereo. 2.5i engine. I like it because it has plenty of fun factor power, has the reliability of a Mule and is very easy to work on. Turbo it for more fun.
Suggested Improvements
Well, let me nit pick a little. There aren't any rain channels so be careful opening the window on a rainy day. Bluetooth on such a high end stereo would have been nice too.