2009 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: My 3k mile trip

2009 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

My 3k mile trip
By joseph sherman on

2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2009 Outback 4/30/2009. I traded my 1999 Outback. I bought the new Outback because I got a great deal and I didn't look forward to 3k miles in the very uncomfortable '99 Outback driver seat. I have only one complaint about my new Outback. The cruise control is anemic! The cruise control in my '99, the car raced up hills regardless of incline or elevation. In this car, it acts like "the little engine who couldn't". Climb performance is affected by incline and/or elevation. On descent, it has trouble holding assigned speed. The cruise control is hit or miss in the mountains and on medium to steep inclines. Otherwise, the car is great and all I'd hoped it would be... so far.

The auxiliary jack for my i-pod, the garage door opener and compass in the rear view mirror, the much improved seats and fabric, the gas mileage (as advertised or better) to name a few.

Do something about the cruise control and then fix it under warranty.