More than Worth It, The XT is the one!
By tolyja on
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
Purchased a 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5XT in Diamond Grey w/Quartz Silver with slightly off Black Interior. In general this is the perfect vehicle to buy, especially in this trim if you want a sporty SUV alternative. It sits up like a small SUV, handles like sports sedan, accelerates like a small turbo coupe, and brakes like a champion. I'm still in the break in period but I have a feeling once this time passes this car will truly shine. Car rides very smooth and balanced, and when bumps are transferred to the cabin they are controlled. Interior is pretty quiet with windows up and wind is buffeting noticeable with windows down. Engine is powerful in all ranges especially with boost up.
Favorite Features
For me first is the engine. But I also love the huge sunroof, navigation which isn't bad, leather seats, stereo, fit and finish, sporty dials and red lighting, SI-Drive, and much more. SI Drive really changes personalities more than I thought it would. I also love that the 2.5XT w/NAV is rare.
Suggested Improvements
I would suggest more passenger space. A little more would be nice. The Navi could have a higher resolution screen, Memory Seats, Homelink and Bluetooth Standard, Autolocking Doors after 15mph, Full Size Spare, and Shift Paddles of the Legacy 3.0R, since the XT is above the Outback 3.0R.