A great SUV alternative
By DrPete on
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I was looking for a car big enough to carry our whole family (me, wife, baby, and 2 dogs), and being a physician I needed something that would get me to work under any conditions. This car fits the bill beautifully. Fit and finish are amazing for this price point, ride quality is smooth and comfortable, and reliability so far has been great. The built-in nav system is quite detailed, and my only wish would be for a live traffic option. This is easily the most sure-footed car I've ever driven in the snow, and isn't top- heavy like most SUVs. My only real gripes are the lack of power from the 2.5i and limited back seat room when using a rear-facing car seat.
Favorite Features
AWD, traction control, beautiful fit/finish, solid build, very nice stereo. Having all rear windows tinted was a baby-friendly feature I didn't even know I wanted!
Suggested Improvements
The 2.5 is just not enough power for this car, but I kinda knew that going in. Also a couple inches in the back seats (longer door and more legroom) would be nice, especially when using a large rear-facing car seat.