2009 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: 1st Subaru

2009 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

1st Subaru
By Scott on

2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

In December I went about replacing my 2007 VW Passat wagon. I had a love-hate relationship with that car. Since it was winter, I was starting to get sick of not making it up my hill to my house. So I looked at the Outback. It had no trouble driving through ~10 inches of snow during my test dive. So I got one. It has been good, not great. It's not really fast, it handles pretty well and gets reasonable fuel economy for an AWD vehicle. AWD is great in the snow and the back holds lots of baby things. The HK stereo is pretty good, wish the audio controls on the steering wheel would control presets, and wish there was a sub control. Now that it is getting warmer, I am enjoying the large sunroof.

AWD, large sunroof, HK stereo, cargo room, seats are comfortable.

More rear legroom, more storage compartments, more gears, better fuel economy, HID's, more audio control, move center seatbelt and LATCH off of roof, IPOD integration, automatic headlights, power liftgate, and a little more power.