Used 2009 Subaru Outback Wagon Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2009 Subaru Outback Wagon

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Surprised by Subaru
By Bird man

2009 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Engine quality is terrible in these 2.5 engines. Please read all the reviews before you buy one. Blown head gaskets are the norm and repairs are $2500-3000 or a new engine for $4500. even at 110K the engine is gone. maintained regular and treated the car good but the seals in the engine went out earlier causing bad oil leaks then a cam issue and finished off the fun with a blown head gasket. Would not buy another Subaru ever

Will drive forever
By Zachary

2009 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the most reliable car I have owned. I have not had a single problem with it yet. It plows through snow and accelerates on icy roads without a problem. I have never had a vehicle grab the road like this one. Also, it is perfect for an occasional off road excursion to find a new fishing or hiking spot and holds all of my equipment perfectly. I will never let go of this car.

7 years and counting....
By satisfied owner

2009 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0R Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car at end of model year at a good price with the exact features, trim, and color that I wanted. I have never fallen out of love with this car -- the looks, the handling, the 6 cyl engine, the comfort and seating position, the harmon-kardon sound system, the overall performance, reliability, and integrity. Semi-luxurious car-like transport that can also be your truck when you need to haul lots of stuff in back. Well, regarding reliability, although I only have 36,000 miles on it, the front CV boots failed and the CV joints were worn and needed replacing recently. Seems too early to have a problem like that, but I guess driving the gnarly and pot-holed big city streets can do that to a front end. Glad I never do any real off roading! No other problems with it so far. I thoroughly enjoy this vehicle.

Love it!
By Jack Mietus

2009 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We loved our Subaru Outback!

Our Subaru