2008 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Versatile and Fun

2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Versatile and Fun
By socalh2oskier on

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my fourth Subie. I have owned all sorts of cars, from a Mazda Miata to a Mercedes CLK AMG, Mercedes SL, Jaguar XK, Jaguar XJ8, Lexus and several others. Subaru is one of my all time favorites, especially the Outback. This is a reasonably quick, versatile car with reliability second to none. This is truly one of the most comfortable vehicles you would ever want for a long trip. The ride is quiet and smooth, and gas mileage is suprisingly decent. I average about 17-20 in city driving, with 26-30 highway. Handling is much better than most SUVs, the driving position is high with excellent visibility and it has character. Great value.

Favorite Features

Highway ride. Simple and easy to use controls, nice interior, sturdy look. And if you get the 5 speed manual, the car outright flies!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could improve, especially at $4 per gallon for premium. Stereo is outdated and tinny. Nav is easy to use but is outdated and unreadable with flare present with moonroof open. Bur overall, it's a great driving machine with lots of versatility - one of my all time favorites.