Back to Subaru
By David Smith on
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
This is my fourth Subaru Outback. For the last 4 years I drove a Volvo S60. The Volvo was a great car but had no clearance and was very expensive to maintain. I was excited to get back into a Subaru. I did have a problem with a tire when the valve stem came out while adding air pressure. The first dealership could not replace the original stem (did not have the part) and charged me for a replacement. It took a second dealership to get it right under warranty. I am also experiencing an electrical problem, the radio display and wipers will cut out randomly. They are always working when I take the car in so to date the problem has not been fixed.
Favorite Features
Great ride and comfortable seats. The turbo option is wonderful and I would not do without this feature in any future purchase. Controls are easy to use.
Suggested Improvements
The storage space is the big drawback. Very difficult to use the side space on the door unless you have extremely small hands. You have to reach back to get into center counsel which is difficult to do when driving. You also have to turn the steering wheel in order to lock it. Requires practice.