2008 Subaru Outback 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Not too bad

2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Not too bad
By Ted on

2008 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving a civic hatchback for the past several years. I loved the civic, but with a growing family, I had to buy something a little roomier. The Outback was a good compromise between the civic that I loved, and the SUVs that I hate. It has enough room inside for me, my wife, and two small children in the back, with car seats. Being a family car, I also like the various standard safety features . The cargo area along with the roof racks, make the outback a great "errand runner". My only complaint is the the lack of power. I describe the outback's power as barely adequete. It could really use about 10-20 more horsepower. Not terrible, but noticable. Overall I do like the car alot.

Favorite Features

Head lights are great. AWD- great handling car. Price- A lot of car for the $$. Five-star crash ratings. Safety features.

Suggested Improvements

The cargo areas should never be carpeted. Instead they should be rubber/vinyl coated. 10-20 more horsepower would be great. The fuel lid should NOT be on the passenger side (I hate that).