2008 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Great value, fun!

2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5I L.L.Bean Edition Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic w/Nav)

Great value, fun!
By cdb9000 on

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car 4 months ago, replaced 2001 Toyota Landcruiser. Tired of paying $75 premium, now I pay $35 regular to fill it! Owned 2 Volvo wagons (new) before my LC, and the Subaru compared to those in comfort and luxury. I looked at the Honda CRV and Rav4, too. CRV had good safety, but so cheap inside I couldn't stand it. Rav4 has very poor rear crash test, and I don't like when Mac trucks come up on my rear when I'm stopped and sitting in a car with no bumper. Acceleration is fine, it's no BMW or 8cyl, but gets me from here to there safely and in comfort! The Subaru has 5 star safety ratings all around - very important to me (and kids). Check out IIHS website for crash ratings.

Comfortable power seats. Safety rating. Ground clearance for charging into driveway in snow. Leather, nav, auto dim mirrors, leg and side room (great space between you and the door!). 30 mpg highway after 7000 mi, 25 city. 6 CD, cool illuminated instrument panel, under 30K, can't wait for snow!

Seat belt chime, no useful roof racks (what's with these useless curved crossbars on cars these days?), halogen headlights, typical Subaru engine noise (ext. only)... but you know you're going to get that!