Great find!
By Lee2706 on
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Had a 1995 Legacy wagon that aspired to be an Outback. Years later, I bought the car I always wanted! My big feet took some getting used to in the footbox, not to say that it is cramped, but pedals are closer than my Honda. I am no WRC racer, but I do like how easy the clutch engages and shifting action feels great. Is surprisingly responsive when passing, especially for a four banger that is a bit heavy in the hips. Excited for the snow and rain, I'd like to see how the AWD handles it. Mileage is better than expected, 27+ in 50/50 city/hwy (as long as the dash computer is correct).
Favorite Features
Rear storage options, fold down rears, supportive seats, seat warmers, shifting action and clutch, 5M rocks! Stereo has hidden Aux port and plays MP3 discs. Overall compact for having similar height clearance as behemoth SUVs. Sedan-like drive with utility characteristics. 12V socket in cargo area.
Suggested Improvements
Dumb ashtray, is now a messy change cup. Shallow glovebox, fits manual and little else. Center armrest ext'n (option) blocks one cup holder when up. Need stereo controls on wheel for basic model, not just the 6CD changer model of the Limited and beyond. More 5MTs through model line.