2008 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Great car to have in New Engla

2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Great car to have in New England!
By Lee on

2008 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav, VDC (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first new car, and first Subaru. My wife's car (bought new) is a Highlander 2005 2WD. I was deciding between the Outback in LL Bean trim and a Honda Pilot. The fuel economy difference was the deciding factor. I personally think the Outback is a beautiful car. It's also plenty peppy with its V6. I like the nav system, but wish it was integrated into the other components of the car, particularly the stereo. It would also be nice to have Bluetooth. Final gripe is that interior space is scant. There is enough, but more would be nice. This car in LL Bean trim is quite luxurious, in my opinion. The fit and finish are excellent, and the materials appear to be of high quality.

AWD. Dash board presentation and functionality. Steering wheel controls. Interior appointments are first rate (seats, wood trim, etc.).

Would be perfect if it had Bluetooth, an integrated nav/stereo setup, and a little more interior space.