2008 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Best Outback yet

2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

Best Outback yet
By Andrew on

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My third Outback and by far the best. Wanted a fun mid-life car, needed a practical car for the fam and the mountains. Subaru hits the mark with the XT turbo! Far more fun to drive than my H6 2002 LL Bean! It drives very tight and solid, very smooth and quiet, turbo kicks in nicely and pulls you along beautifully. I love wagons and the XT is the best combination of any brand/model. Steering wheel feels good in my large hands. Still trying to find the best seat position for my tall self. Skip the nav and add your own portable, upgradeable Garmin or other. Looked at SUVs (Tribeca, Highlander, RAV4, CR-V, RDX) and prefer XT. Great car for my wants and needs!

Favorite Features

Beautiful gray color with nice off black interior. Great stereo (but had to tame the subwoofer)! Very fun to drive yet hauls us and gear around beautifully. Nice, simple dash and display layout, not high-techy cheesy like so many other cars today. Drives wonderfully. AWD!

Suggested Improvements

More small storage, coin drawer. Doors feel slightly less solid than previous. Mid-row LATCH car seat attachments. Gas mileage as expected but still I dream it could be better. Ashtray is almost useless; make a trash drawer instead.