2008 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Ranch Mom Liking 08 OB

2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5I Limited Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Ranch Mom Liking 08 OB
By Ranch Mom on

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 3 years of researching I decided it was time to downsize from my Ford Excursion. I love my Excursion, but couldn't stomach the cost of driving it any longer. Even though the Subaru is a world apart from my "bus", I am getting used to the small size. The Ltd's fit and finish compared to other crossover vehicles was far superior. It is smooth to drive and after two tanks I've averaged 28 mpg in mixed driving. I'm 6 foot tall and with the much loved sunroof, the head room is tight and the leg room is adequate, while the backseat's leg room is snug for adults. I enjoyed driving the XT but with the premium fuel requirement and decreased mpg I couldn't justify it.

The limited's sunroof, leather and wood trim sets the OB apart. The 08's grille gives it a sporty look. Good overall feel when driving. Great gas mileage for AWD.

Legroom in back seats and head room in front. Lumbar support in passenger seat. More cupholders and places to put loose change. Bluetooth would be nice.