2008 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Shudda kept my Beloved Baja

2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Review

2.5I Limited Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Shudda kept my Beloved Baja
By Ray on

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a very nice 03 Subaru Baja and stayed with Subaru because of the splendid 5+ years experience I had with my Baja. In general, the Outback looks just fine and the Limited model has a nicely appointed and comfortable interior. However, the MPG on the outback is not very impressive Ö 24.2 hwy (recent trip) and something under 20 around a very rural town. When compared to my Baja at 29 hwy and 24 town, Iím loosing almost 82 miles per tank on the hwy (worth $11.00+/tank at todays prices and subject to increase in the future). All in all, really wish I had kept my beloved Baja.

All wheel drive and overall utility of the vehicle (seating room/comfort, towing capacity, rear storage capacity, etc.) is excellent. Very cool, very large sunroof.

Ride is too firm, almost harsh. Maybe because of the recommended 33/lb air in tires. Low beam headlights are also odd. Some sort of height limiter on the beam, which is a real nuisance on darker rural, hilly roads. Can drastically reduce the length of road illuminated in front of you. Mileage!