2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2.5I Limited Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Ranch Mom Liking 08 OB
By Ranch Mom on 06/23/07 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 3 years of researching I decided it was time to downsize from my Ford Excursion. I love my Excursion, but couldn't stomach the cost of driving it any longer. Even though the Subaru is a world apart from my "bus", I am getting used to the small size. The Ltd's fit and finish compared to other crossover vehicles was far superior. It is smooth to drive and after two tanks I've averaged 28 mpg in mixed driving. I'm 6 foot tall and with the much loved sunroof, the head room is tight and the leg room is adequate, while the backseat's leg room is snug for adults. I enjoyed driving the XT but with the premium fuel requirement and decreased mpg I couldn't justify it.

'08 OB Looking Good
By Outbacker on 04/27/07 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded in my '01 Outback for the '08 Limited model. I had doubts about buying another Outback - the last one was not much fun to drive, and there were some leaking problems after 90K. After test driving all the comparables, the Outback was the only one that fit the bill - reasonable gas mileage, good safety ratings, reliable, good roof rack for the surfboard, and can hold 25 bags of mulch in the back when needed. So far, so good. The '08 is lots more fun to drive than the '01 - the sports shift option helps. A little more power than the '01, and a generally smoother, better ride. I'm told that the leak problems have been resolved - time will tell.