2008 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Great Car
By ldtjsa on 01/15/08 12:38 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5I L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD w/Nav (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the handling and the way the car feels when driving it. With two kids in car seats and two adults up front it feels small inside. But I went from a Ford Excursion to this car. The gas mileage combined city highway and driving it hard is ~23 mpg; if you drive it nice, it is like ~27mpg, all highway you can get around 30mpg. The backseat just needs to have more room.

Love driving this vehicle!
By MarcusinPitt on 01/08/08 18:22 PM (PST)

A lot of friends questioned why I would purchase a wagon rather than a sports sedan such as the BMW 325xi, but I was looking for a vehicle with some utility, and this vehicle is a great alternative to an SUV/Crossover with much better gas mileage and handling. With only 1500 miles, the car is getting 23mpg (city/hwy combined). It rides 10x better than my 2006 Honda Accord and much quieter I must say. This Subaru is surprisingly elegant with a great interior layout, quiet, smooth ride, good handling all the while maintaining nice attention to luxury and durability. Despite the lack of a few accessories/options that are standard in most cars in it's class, the car is a great buy!

Great value, fun!
By cdb9000 on 09/27/07 16:20 PM (PDT)

Bought this car 4 months ago, replaced 2001 Toyota Landcruiser. Tired of paying $75 premium, now I pay $35 regular to fill it! Owned 2 Volvo wagons (new) before my LC, and the Subaru compared to those in comfort and luxury. I looked at the Honda CRV and Rav4, too. CRV had good safety, but so cheap inside I couldn't stand it. Rav4 has very poor rear crash test, and I don't like when Mac trucks come up on my rear when I'm stopped and sitting in a car with no bumper. Acceleration is fine, it's no BMW or 8cyl, but gets me from here to there safely and in comfort! The Subaru has 5 star safety ratings all around - very important to me (and kids). Check out IIHS website for crash ratings.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.