2008 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Question next purchase
By experiences1 on 01/29/14 13:19 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This 2008 subie is my 3rd subaru experience. I was reluctant to leave a review because I have been told I am too critical so you be the judge. 1998 subaru was very noisy engine wise other than that a head gasket failure at 135000 miles 2001 subaru brakes once every other year at the dealer. Coolent leaks at the heads of the engine maintained by conditioner. 2008 Head gasket leaks at 68000 miles needed replacing. wire harness broke to tail lights. Noisy catalytic converters sheilding replaced under recall which is good. 75000 miles has a skip plugs and wires. ok

2008 Outback i limited
By experiences1 on 09/27/13 06:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2008 outback we bought new when our 1998 outback head gaskets failed at 135000 miles. We were unsure if another Subaru was in our future but after driving other alternatives we returned to this manufacturer. Very stable sure footed in even the worst conditions and very easy to drive. We are impressed with the design and body integrety.

Our 2208 Ru is a Little Tight
By Barry on 10/31/09 06:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We had a 1998 Ru Outback that we gave to our son and bought our 2008 Ru in July of 2007. The Ru rides great, has good mileage, 25MPG around town, it also looks great. Our Ru has been very reliable. Only problems so far has been a power steering arm that was leaking when we bought the car new. That was replaced under warranty. We have had an intermittent rattle under the car, especially when cold. Took it to two different Subaru dealers and they could not duplicate the problem. Went to our Subaru dealer in Flagstaff and they finally found the problem, something about the catalytic converter which will be replaced under warranty.

A Happy Subie owner
By A Happy Subie owner on 08/16/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely fell in love with this vehicle after I saw quite a few on the road driving around. After doing my research and going to this website (www.edmunds.com) and Subaru's website, reading all of the great comments people had on this particular vehicle, I was sold. I got the sport package with the heated seats and the heated mirrors. I think the heated seats will help me in those cold winter early mornings to work when i have to clear the sidewalks at a school where i work at.

Pleasantly Impressed
By Rick Drewyour on 06/14/08 08:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru. For a utilitarian vehicle, it rides better than my Honda Accord. It handles great and I really like all the safety features. Easy exit/entry with the higer ground clearance. Sunroof is noisy when only wing is opened. Mileage is 25 mixed and 30 on the highway. Good looks and sporty feel.

First Subaru
By Stan Thompson on 04/07/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I like the combination of great looks (dark gray), good economy (23.5 mpg 70% city while driving briskly) and the comfort of the interior. Absolutely zero problems in 19,725 miles. Love the extra large moonroof and the AC copes easily with Phoenix summers. The car is everything I was expecting and more.

Shudda kept my Beloved Baja
By Ray on 03/24/08 11:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a very nice 03 Subaru Baja and stayed with Subaru because of the splendid 5+ years experience I had with my Baja. In general, the Outback looks just fine and the Limited model has a nicely appointed and comfortable interior. However, the MPG on the outback is not very impressive … 24.2 hwy (recent trip) and something under 20 around a very rural town. When compared to my Baja at 29 hwy and 24 town, I’m loosing almost 82 miles per tank on the hwy (worth $11.00+/tank at todays prices and subject to increase in the future). All in all, really wish I had kept my beloved Baja.

Disappointed
By Outback on 02/14/08 18:28 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my 2002 Outback! My second Subaru is at the opposite end of that scale. This 2008 is like a tunafish can in comparison. Very uncomfortable. Seat does not go that far back and is uncomfortable for a 5'8" driver. Ride is rough, Gas mileage is only 22-23 mpg, (expected more.)Tires are small. Overall, very disappointed and will never buy another Subaru. How could a car change for the worse, so quickly? Can't wait to get rid of it!!!

Love It!
By miss_m on 01/17/08 05:15 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Outback. I wanted a station wagon but few auto makers have them. It basically came down to a Subaru Outback or a Mercedes station wagon. I opted for the Subaru, which seemed far more practical and easier to maintain.

Nice Change For Us
By Andy S on 10/09/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Outback 2.5I Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is our first Subaru and we're very favorably impressed. The car is quiet and handles very well both on the road and in the field when we're taking feed to the run-in sheds. Fuel mileage is great for a full time all wheel drive vehicle. Safety and reliability were key factors in selecting a Subaru. These cars are legendary in both areas and their strong, cult like customer loyalty reflects it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.